Chapter 30 - Comfort

Colet's POV:

She's comfortably sleeping on my shoulder. Looking like a typical kid that would wake up if she felt no one besides her. Even if my shoulder felt numb, I would still lend my shoulder just to stay close to her like this.

Her scent kept on embracing the whole ride, a scent that gives me comfort and will remind myself that she's just near me.

Looking back in the past, it made me realize that you will never expect something bad that could turn into something good. Ika nga nila, expect the unexpected.

Totoo pala talaga yung 'the more you hate, the more you love'. WAIT. Mahal ko na nga ba?

It never crosses my mind, even a glimpse. Beginning with a boss-employee relationship to acting as a couple until starting to feel like it's becoming true.

This is not just a set-up. Ramdam ko na iba na. I may not know what's the real definition of our relationship, but I know to myself that my heart felt the sanctuary I have longing in my entire existence.

I admit she's attractive, and everyone knows that. Even though she can be grumpy, I know many still love her. But crossing the line beyond that admiration, I don't know how or why it's happening to me.

The only thing I'm sure of is the joy I feel whenever I'm with this woman who unexpectedly disrupts my life.

Staring at her as she sleeps deeply, I feel incredibly lucky. Many are drawn to this woman, but here I am, fortunate enough to fulfill the wishes of others.

I turned my gaze to the other side where Jasmine is sleeping. She's as cute as her Mommy Jho. I couldn't help but kiss the top of the child's head.

Suddenly, she moved and tightened her hug around me, which made me chuckle softly. Bakod na bakod ako ng batang 'to ahh, halatang ayaw ako umalis sa tabi niya.

As time passed, I suddenly felt drowsy. I wanted to keep the driver company so he wouldn't get bored, but my eyes were closing, so I decided to just fall asleep.

_________________

Someone: "Mama, wake up. Mama, my dragons in my tummy are hungry." A small voice whispered, jolting me awake. I looked around to see where the voice came from.

"Okay, baby. I'll just get your snacks from your backpack." Then I handed her a sandwich that Jho's grandmother packed and some mojos we ordered earlier on the way.

I felt the other person sleeping on my shoulder move as well. They blinked their eyes, adjusting to the light.

“Sorry, nagising yata kita. Are you hungry too?”

Jhoanna: “No, thanks. Are we there yet?” Tanong nito habang papikit-pikit ang kanyang mata. Cute.

"We're still quite far, Babu. I'll wake you up when we're closer. You can continue your nap." She didn't say anything and settled back on her pillow, my shoulder, hugging my waist tightly, then drifted back to sleep.

Jhoanna: "Babu, you smell so nice. I like your scent." She murmured, her voice fading as she drifted off to sleep.

Her words seemed to echo in my ears, and it was delightful to hear, especially coming from her. Her voice was gentle, different from how she talks when we're at the office.

I noticed that Jasmine had finished eating, so I set aside the remaining food and leaned her against my shoulder.

“Baby, sleep ka muna. I'll wake you kapag nandoon na tayo.” I said and she nodded with a smile plastered on her face.