Chapter 66 - Bataan

Jhoanna's POV:

My friends planned a beach vacation without knowing where to have the short breakaway. We even had a group chat with Nicolette and my other friends to decide where our destination is.

We had a small debate where to go that can accommodate a huge group of people since we're more than twenty people.

During the planning, everyone was having a hard time picking what place to choose. Colet, who's just reading the convo butted in, suggested her grandparents house near the beach in Bataan which was agreed by everyone.

Everyone wants to be away from work for a couple of days, needing a break from stress and a timeout to relax.

Colet's parents joined our short vacation to guide us, and also to visit their relatives. They had already left, ahead of us.

We brought three vans for the whole group. First van: the passengers were me, Colet, Jasmine, Sheena, Gwen, Mikha, and Ate Aiah.

Second van: the passengers were Ate Sheki, Ate Alice, Ate Abby, Ate Brei, Ate Gia, Ate Ella, and Ate Yumi who was also one of our opponents during the college dance competition before.  Ate Yumi is a nurse and a former classmate of Ate Alice.

Third van: the passengers were my business partners/friends and was also a former dance group during college days. They were Joshua, Joseph, Franco, and Paolo. Paolo is also a nurse and a former classmate of Ate Alice and Ate Yumi. This group was joined by Stacey and Ate Maloi since there are no vacant seats at the first van.

Akalain mo 'yon? Kalaban lang namin sila sa college dance competition, pero ngayon mga kaibigan na namin at naging business partners pa.

It felt like we're on a field trip. Fortunately, Colet's grandparents is okay with our friends causing trouble at their house.

It is said that the house is big and that it is an old house, thus there are many rooms and an expanse of green and fresh land. Colet told me that her grandparents own the property.

“Are you sure it's okay with your Lolo and Lola that we're going to make a mess and noise at their house?”

Colet: “Yes, Babu. Actually, they're overjoyed and pleased that someone is coming to their old house. They don't often have visitors, so when I told them that our friends would be spending the vacation in Bataan, they were excited to see us.”

“Hindi ba parang nakakahiya kasi sobrang dami natin? Ginawa kasing field trip ng mga kaibigan ko eh!”

Colet: “There are a lot of rooms, Babu. Actually, more than ten people is enough to fit a room. But I'm sure they will share the same room and fit themselves together HAHAHHA”

“Why is that?”

Colet: “You'll know when we get there.

“Kinikilabutan na ako, Nicolette haa.”

Gwen: “Why, Ate Colet? What's with your hometown?” But my girlfriend just let out a soft giggle.

Sheena: “HAHAHA Basta magbehave ka. Malalaman mo din.” Her seatmate butted in.

Aiah: “Are we there yet?” She asked. It's been almost four hours since we left Manila.

Colet: “We're almost there na. Siguro mga fifteen minutes nalang. Kuyang driver, 'pag may nakita po kayong kanto, kumanan po kayo doon.” She directed.

Just like what Colet had said, we turned to the right corner. From there, only trees and plants can be seen on both sides of the road.

There are also houses, but the distance between each house is far. Along the ride, the trees were getting taller whenever we drove along the area. It was surrounded by tall green trees and old fashion houses can be seen.