Chapter 42 - Jealous on the first day

Jhoanna's POV:

I'm on my way to the office. Today is the first day of Colet's panliligaw to me. She did started to court me as soon as I opened my eyes in the morning.

In dawn's embrace with love's sweet glow, a courtship's tale begins to flow. The sun awakens, paints the sky, as hearts entwine, jump in excitement.

A symphony of scents arose as she prepared a breakfast for us. She chose the ingredients with tender care, creating a feast beyond compare.

It was a breakfast in bed, a scene of bliss. We sat, entwined in whispered words, each bite a symphony, as sweet feelings gird.

Through laughter shared, stories told, and jokes behold. It was pure and true, it's a journey of me and her. It was sealed with the hope of forever.

Her efforts didn't end there. As soon as I entered the car, a bouquet of crochet roses greeted me.

I looked at her and raised my eyebrow, but she just responded a smirk. Then, she started to turn on the engine.

Upon arriving at the office, people were staring at us as we walked towards my office. I was carrying the flowers she gave me, with our hands intertwined.

Actually, we usually draw attention every day. It's just different today. Kainis! Halata namang kay Colet lang sila nakatingin dahil sa angking kagandahan nito eh. Tsk.

Instead of instructing my secretary to distribute the proposals to each department, I decided to call each department's secretary so they could pick them up.

Fortunately, we reached the elevator. No more eyes were staring at her.

Colet: "Why are you so quiet since we entered the company?" She asked in confusion, so I looked at her.

"I'm just thinking about whether I should implement a new rule across the company prohibiting my secretary from being stared at or looked at for too long." I replied.

Colet: "HAHAHA Bakit naman?"

"Ang lagkit kasi kung makatingin sa'yo eh!" Pagrereklamo ko rito.

Colet: "Don't worry, Babu. Hanggang tingin lang naman sila sa akin HAHAHAH"

"Susss, you also want their attention din naman eh."

Colet: "Mas gugustuhin ko kapag ikaw ang tumitig sa akin, Babu." She teased and even wink at me.

"Che! Ang harot mo talaga!" Before she could protest, the elevator door opened, and I quickly stepped out.

As usual, I delved into my work—signing, reviewing, and checking proposals and projects. I hardly left my seat to catch up on everything I'd missed over the past few months.

Meanwhile, my secretary was typing and double-checking the papers passing through to me.

After a few minutes of work, she asked for permission to step out, so I allowed her. We had a lot on our plate, and she might have been tired from the consecutive tasks, so I let her take a break.

Feeling a bit stiff in my neck, I took a short rest. When I checked the time, it was already 10:30 am.

No wonder I felt hungry. I was about to order food using the company phone when the door opened.

It was Colet, holding two paper bags. I put down the phone and settled back into my seat. After she closed the door, she eagerly approached my table.

Colet: "Special delivery for a very special someone." She said sweetly as she carried the two paper bags.