Chapter 73 - Empty

Jhoanna's POV:

I wake up alone in my bed, feeling lonely and empty. I reach out to where Colet usually sleeps beside me, but she's not there.

I miss everything about her. Her beautiful face when I wake up, her smiles, her voice, her touch, and her kisses. I long for every part of her. It's been three days since something bad happened that I just want to forget.

I rub my hands on my face, remembering the time I was trapped by Migo.

Flashback....

While I was working at my desk, I suddenly heard a knock on my office door. As it swung open, I was taken aback to find an unexpected visitor, Migo, standing there with a cheerful expression. Despite knowing that Migo is trustworthy, his persistent visits make me uneasy. I had previously asked him to stop his gestures of sending flowers and food, which he ignored.

Migo's visits often lead to arguments between my girlfriend, Colet, and me. Whenever Colet learns that Migo has dropped by or that we've spent time together, her mood sours, and she refuses to talk, giving me a silent treatment. There was even an instance where our voices escalated due to her anger over Migo sending flowers or gifts.

I'm constantly attempting to rationalize with Colet, but her jealousy keeps her closed-minded. Fortunately, we managed to quickly resolve the issue, not letting it go deeper. Walang away ang pinapalipas namin ng isang araw, lagi naming naaayos agad.

Now that Migo has returned, it's likely that Colet and I will find ourselves in misunderstanding once more.

Migo: "Hello, Jhoanna." With joy, he approached my table and warmly greeted me. In response, I offered a slight smile, aiming to avoid any unintended rudeness.

"What are you doing here, Migo?"

Migo: "Is it bad to visit the beautiful boss of this company? I used to be able to visit here before! Am I forbidden now?" He portrayed his pain through his words and actions, then he smiled and passed me the flower he held.

Migo: "Flowers for you."

"Thanks. But you don't need to give me flowers, Migo."

Migo: "You deserve it. I'll give you anything." He occupied the chair positioned before the table. Inhaling deeply, I prepared to speak.

"Migo, we talked about this, didn't we? I thought we were okay not to give gifts?" I spoke to him calmly.

Migo: "I understand, Jhoanna. Despite the pain, I've accepted your relationship with Colet. However, letting go of my emotions for you is certainly not easy for me."

"I understand, but please just stop this. Please stop sending and giving flowers or any gifts."

Migo: "Okay. I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I hope you are not mad at me because of this." I sighed.

"I'm not angry with you, Migo. However, I hope that this day marks the final instance of you gifting flowers. It's not even related to our business. Migo, you're one of the few friends I cherished. As a sign of respect na rin sa relasyon namin ni Nicolette."

Migo: "I am sorry. I won't bother you anymore. But, can I have just one request?" He begged, showing a sad face.

"Hmm. Ano ba 'yon?"

Migo: "Can I have my last lunch with you?"

"Migo-"

Migo: "Please. This will be the last. After this, I won't bother you anymore. If you want you can ask Colet's permission para mapanatag ka."