Ch. 1: you no clip

One day, you were mindlessly scrolling on your phone, looking for something fun to watch while you ate. As much as you made fun of those gross little Ipad kids, you kind of were one. You couldn't eat without watching something entertaining, which was just sad. At least you kept your phone screen clean, so that's a plus.

Every video was similar to the last, and you were growing impatient. You were about to give up until you saw a video talking about a variety of colorful characters and the neighborhood in which they lived. It was about a project called Welcome Home. You searched for more videos about it and sat down to watch them.
.
.
.
Fast forward a week later, and you're now going down a rabbit hole of Welcome Home content. You've watched countless videos, gone through the site many times, read stories, and have even saved photos and edits of your favorite characters. Your phone was begging for mercy at this point as you continued to use all your storage on this new interest of yours.

Thankfully, you were taking a small break at your favorite fast food place, waiting in line to order a quick snack. The closer you get to the counter, the more anxious you get. You always forgot what to say when it was time to order, so you were rehearsing what you'd say in your head over and over again.

Finally, you made it to the very front. "Hello. What would you like to order?" the cashier asked. "Can I please get a.......uhhhhhhhhhh" (shit, you forgot what to say again). "I'm sorry, what was that?" questioned the cashier. "Food." you answered.
.
.
.
FOOD?! WHAT KIND OF ANSWER WAS THAT? THAT'S ALL THEY SERVE HERE. you fucked up. you fucked up again omg how was it so hard for you to remember your order??? you should have just eaten at home.

Oh, how you wish the ground could just swallow you whole.

You take a step back as you think about just booking it out of the building and never returning. Your foot doesn't touch the ground, though. Before you have any time to react, you fall.
.
.
.
Looks like your wish came true.