Ch. 15: flowers

Your legs ached and your head was spinning. You've been running for who knows how long, from THAT thing. You haven't even caught a glimpse of it, but you didn't care. Turning your head to take a peek might slow you down, so that wasn't going to happen. But... this was getting tiring. A small peek wouldn't hurt...

You quickly turn your head to look behind you and spot a small shadow, flying after you. Two eyes were the only feature you could make out on the shadow, and they were staring right into your soul. As luck would have it, you trip on a rock and stumble a bit, slowing down slightly.

"(Y/N)!" the shadow screeched. This was it, you were gonna die. You keep running, trying to accept your fate. The sound of your footsteps grew louder, filling your head. Everything sounded louder. You wanted to cover your ears and curl into a ball to protect yourself.

"(Y/N)!!" its distorted voice screamed again. You felt like crying. Where was everybody? Where were you? Your surroundings were blurry. Were you even awake?

Awake?
.
.
.
You must be asleep.

You stop running and turn around to face the shadow, putting on a brave face. It shouldn't be able to hurt you if you were asleep. Right as you turned around, the shadow flew right into your face. It didn't hurt, but it freaked you out.

"AHH GET IT OFF GET IT OFF EWW HELP AHHH!" you screamed, flailing your arms and running in circles, doing a terrible job at getting the shadow off of you. It felt as light as a piece of paper, but you didn't care. You just wanted it off of you. "HELP HELP EW AHHH!" you scream, tripping and falling.

*THUMP*

Well, it was good that you were awake now. You just fell off your bed though...

"Oww..." you groaned, rubbing your head. You slowly stand, stretching your fatigue away and yawning a bit. What time is it? "(Y/N)!" you hear from outside. You jump and rush to a nearby window to peek outside. Oh, it's just Julie knocking on the door and shouting your name.

OMG YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO MEET WITH HER TODAY. You get up and rush to the front door, cracking it open and popping your head out. "Julie! Hey, sorry but, I'm not quite ready yet..." you admit.

"Not ready? Don't tell me you're afraid of a bit of gardening. Silly (Y/N)!" Julie teased, pushing the door open more. You tried to keep the door from opening any further but failed. Julie was surprisingly strong, and the door flew open.

"Oops. I didn't mean to make the door fly open like tha-" Julie just stared at you speechless for a few seconds before speaking again. "You weren't kidding, huh? You're still in your pajamas! (Y/N), I even sent a letter!" Julie whined dramatically.

"I guess I overslept." you replied, embarrassed for not being ready.
"Yeah, I can see that!" Julie exclaimed, gesturing to your pajamas. "Here, let me help." Julie walked right past you and started looking for something in your house. You follow behind, forgetting to close the front door. "Julie, what are you-"

"Where's your closet?" Julie asked, still looking around. "Uhh, in the room over there." you say, pointing to a door not too far from you two. Julie zooms into the room and starts browsing through your closet, picking out an outfit for you.

You watched silently, not even sure what to say to her. She just barged into your house to put an outfit together for you for the day. You wanted to tell her that you could do all that on your own, but you didn't want to seem rude. You take a seat on your bed and wait for her to find an outfit.

After 2 minutes, Julie turns and throws the outfit for you to catch. You, who was too busy zoning out, get smacked right in the face with the outfit. "I'll be waiting outside for you!" Julie giggles, getting out of your room and closing the door for you. "She probably did that on purpose." you chuckle before getting ready.