Ch. 8: home sweet home!

Julie? Everything felt weird now that you remembered what this place really was. It wasn't your world. You were full of confusion. What now? Try to go back home or stay here? It was a lot better here than back home, but you missed your world a bit. Staying here sounded like a dream, though. Maybe you-

"There you are!" someone shouted, pulling you out of your thoughts. You look up and see Julie walking to you. "Good news! We've got a house fixed up for you already. It's a bit empty at the moment, but it was the best we could do on such short notice."

Right, you forgot about that. Damn, that was quick, too. It shouldn't have been possible to build a house that fast, but you just excused it for cartoon logic or something. You didn't even have time to speak before Julie dragged you out of Home to where you assumed your house was. Wally just stood in the doorway, watching as you were literally dragged. "Julie sure is full of energy. Poor (Y/N)." Wally sighed as he turned and closed the door.

"Ju- Julie! Wait! I'm gonna fall on my- OOF" you exclaimed as you bumped into Julie when she came to a sudden stop. You got a face full of hair as you crashed into her. "Whoops! Sorry (Y/N), I'm just excited to show you your house." Julie apologized. "It's fine, Julie." you said, brushing some of her hair off your face.

You were going to say something else until you see a beautiful house (that's your favorite color) standing before you. Was this it? You sure hoped it was. You stood there with your mouth agape from its beauty.

"Do you like it?" she asked. You couldn't even answer as you continued to stare. "Hehe, let me show you the rest of it." she giggled as she took your hand and led you inside the house. It was as she said it would be. It was a bit empty, but overall, it was nice.

You let go of her hand to look around more. You spot a bed, some furniture, a closet full of clothes, a bowl of fruit, and some personal items such as a toothbrush and more. It was a good sized house. "It's not much, but it's to help you get settled in." Julie explained. You turn around and hug her. "Thank you." you whisper. "Oh, it's nothing. We're all glad you're here now (Y/N)." Julie whispered back. You break the hug as she walks to the door.

"The day's almost over, so you should get some rest. Bye!" she waved. You wave back as you yawn. It was getting late. The sun was almost gone now, and you were tired from all the introductions and interactions from today. You go to the closet and find some pajamas to wear. After getting dressed and eating a small snack from the fruit bowl, you brush your teeth and head to bed.

As you lay in bed, you think of your day. What a strange situation you're in. You weren't complaining, but it sure was strange. You close your eyes and drift off to sleep, your consciousness slowly fading away.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"(Y/N)......how did you get here..?"