Why would you let the shrimp drive?

Y/n = your name

Shrimpy, the Seabrook cheer team's mascot, drove the bus down the forest road.

"Cheer camp's over and we're finally heading home. I'm so excited to see, well, you know." Addison explained, blushing as she thought about Zed.

"Yes, I got invited to Prawn!" A cheerleader shouted. The bus was filled with claps cheering him on as he hugged the girl zombie next to him. Stacey and JC looked at each other before joining in with the clapping.

"Well, getting invited to Prawn sounds great, but Bonzo won't even look at me." Bree told Addison. As though to prove her point the two girls turned around and when Bonzo caught Bree's eye he instantly looked down. 

Unbeknownst to the girl, Bonzo was carving Bree's face into an apple and when he turned it around it had 'I ♥️ Bree' carved into it. 

Sighing Bree turned back around before Addison decided to change the subject.

"No invitation to Prawn for me, either. Do you think Zed forgot about me?" Addison worried but Bree just shook her head 'no'.

-🍎-

Further down the road

Zed, who had arrived earlier, started screwing some lightbulbs into a red arrow. Checking over his shoulder to see if the bus had arrived.

"When do I throw the confetti?" Zoey, who had begged her big brother to let her come, asked, holding a handful of confetti.

"You'll know" Zed assured as he finished tightening the lightbulb.

Zed smiled as the bus came into view, hoping that his plan would work.

First the bus drove over a small tripwire, which caused a chain reaction, making the wooden signs roll down. 

The first sign said 'Addison'

The second sign rolled down and said 'will you'

Bonzo, who had finished carving the apple, shouted in zombie, catching everyone's attention as he pointed to the unfolding wooden planks.

Bree gasped as they drove past the signs. 

"Addison...will you..." she read aloud.

Some sparks flew from a small electrical box with wires hanging from it making some more signs unfold.

"Go to the prawn" The whole bus read aloud now intrigued by the mysterious signs.

"With?" Bree asked, gently nudging Addison in the side with her elbow.

"ZED" Addison cried as she noticed the green haired boy standing on a step ladder under a neon arrow.

"Uh-oh" Zed muttered as the bus came closer. 

Screams filled the bus, distracting Shrimpy from the road which caused the bus to hit the ladder. Zed screamed as he hung onto the roof of the bus (which was swerving across the road) for his life. 

Zoey, who was frozen in shock, finally came to her senses and chased after the swerving bus.

Zed got swung and was now holding on with one hand on the roof, his body hitting against the window.

"Zed" Addison shouted moving to the window putting one hand on it. Zed noticed Addison's hand and put the hand that was not holding the roof against it. They stopped entranced by the romantic gesture.