019. | RESPIREZ, MA CHÉRIE

— AFTER HOURS, LANDO NORRIS

if you thought the last chapter was long, buckle up. this chapter is 5000+ words LMAO who am i?? you might want to do another 'future me?'

Pierre holds his hand up high to gesture to his group of friends to quiet down, to allow him to continue the streak of stupid pick-up lines. Signaling for a brief moment of silence.

"I've got another one," He announces to gather their attention with a mix of pride and mischievousness, knowing he's about to share yet another of his infamous bad jokes.

The drivers were gathered together in a lavish restaurant, they were unwinding from and celebrating the latest Grand Prix on a beautiful night. Pierre spoke up, "Hey girl, are you-" He tried to say, but Emery interrupted him with a playful complaint. "The 'Hey girl' alone was a crime already."

Her comment on Pierre's word choice earns a snort from Daniel and a fake-annoyed look from Pierre in response, before she allows him to continue telling his joke.

Refusing to be deterred, Pierre presses on with his joke, "Are you a magician? Because every time I look at you, everyone else disappears." He said with such a proud look on his face.

Daniel can't help but let out another snort of laughter, "Come on, Pierre! That's not even a pickup line; it's just straight up creepy," he comments, amused by his friend's antics.

Emery chimes in, adding to the teasing, "Yeah, total creep alert!" She playfully points at Pierre and gives him a sassy eye roll. Pierre pretended to be offended by that, scoffing and rolling his eyes back at her.

The night has started with the conclusion of the latest Grand Prix, and the drivers, along with their teams and significant others, find themselves in one of Monaco's most exclusive nightclubs.

The playful banter quickly spreads among the group, with everyone joining in, attempting to outdo each other with the most cringe-worthy lines. It was safe to say that the winner so far was hard to choose, as all the pick-up lines were equally as bad.