The Sun

Moving up! Rihanna and Winston Duke splashes out $21M for penthouse atop luxury LA skyscraper that was previously owned by Friends star Matthew Perry... ahead of birth of their second child

Pregnant Rihanna ensured her family has plenty of room to grow by purchasing the 40th-floor penthouse in the same building, where she already owns a three-bedroom, 3,500-square-foot home.

Ahead of the birth of their second child, the expectant singer and her actor husband bought a sprawling condo, previously owned by Matthew Perry, that 'is more than double the size of Rihanna's previous one, spanning a whopping 9,290 square feet with four bedrooms and six-and-a-half baths,' according to Architectural Digest.

Despite its steep listing price of $28 million, she was able to negotiate it down to $21 million, which is $600,000 less than the owner, Afterpay co-founder Nick Molnar, paid the Friends star, 53, for it back in 2021.

The performer will reside there with her baby boy, whose name she has not publicly revealed yet, and her actor husband Winston Duke.

According to the Los Angeles Times, it was 'Southern California's priciest condo sale since 2015.'

The outlet also pointed out that Perry spent nearly as much time selling the home as he spent living there.

A year later, he lowered the price of the lush pad, adjacent to ritzy Beverly Hills, by $8 million to $27 million, before finally offloading it for $21.6 million to Afterpay co-founder Nick Molnar.

The condo is equipped with four bedrooms, eight bathrooms and four terraces with outstanding views of Los Angeles and its surroundings, from the DTLA skyline all the way to the Pacific Ocean.

Built in 2010, the Century is a celebrity-friendly gated building featuring round-the-clock concierge services along with top-tier security.

Other features include a giant pool replete with cabanas, a state-of-the-art fitness area, movie theater, private wine storage and many more amenities.

At least two of the bedrooms face endless 360-degree-view windows looking out onto the City of Angels, while the kitchen offers a hefty bar area with room for at least five people.

Ample seating area galore allows the apartment to become a perfect hub for entertaining.

The sprawling terrace areas add that extra touch of excellence, making this property fit for the superstar.

The large price tag won't make much of a dent in Rihanna's bank account, considering she is among the world's wealthiest women in the world, thanks to her lingerie and beauty brands.

She placed at number 2002, with an estimated net worth of $1.4 billion, on Forbes' list of billionaires.

Back in July 2022, was featured in Forbes' annual list of America's richest self-made women. The Umbrella hitmaker was the only woman under the age of 40 to be featured in the line-up.

Rihanna officially became a billionaire in 2021 - making her the richest female musician in the world and the second richest female entertainer after Oprah Winfrey.

The Diamonds songstress has racked up $1.4 billion throughout her decade-long career - the majority of which has come from her fashion brands and her skincare and cosmetics company Fenty Beauty, Forbes reported at the time.

It was claimed that the bulk of the popstar's money comes not from her singing career, but from her 50 per cent stake in her acclaimed cosmetics line Fenty Beauty - a joint venture with French luxury goods conglomerate LVMH - which is now worth $2.8 billion in total.

Between that and her $270 million stake in her wildly successful Savage X Fenty lingerie line, combined with the profit she has made from her 16-year recording career as a chart-topping singer and actress, all make up the hitmaker's massive wealth.

Rihanna has had plenty to celebrate in the last few months; as well as her business successes, the popstar also became a mother for the first time in May, when she welcomed a baby boy with her long-time boyfriend-turned-husband, Winston Duke.