Chapter Twenty

The last chapter has crossed more than 140+ reads but it has only 15 votes, I am so disappointed.

I just need a reason why it has fewer votes.

The smell of coffee surrounded the environment, Amaya tapped her fingers in the beam bag easing up the awkwardness building upon her, she looked at him to find him looking at her, and she blinked in surprise

" What? " She asked

" Nothing. " He smiled, Amaya found his behavior strange but it felt oddly good.

" Amaya? " He called her when she turned and focused on her coffee mug.

" Yes? "

" Your father called me. " He said, she stared at him in surprise, she never thought her father would call him.

Suddenly a fear started to engulf her thinking why did her father call him not her?

" Why did he say? " She slowly asked.

" He asked about me, about us. I think he is probably missing you. "

' Missing me? ' She mentally scoffed.

" I don't think so. " She quietly muttered.

" Why are saying that? " She looked at him, Amaya knows about her father more than anyone.

She knows her father was thinking of her as a burden, a burden which he successfully got rid off now, it hurts every time to think about her so-called perfect family.

Amaya wondered why he called Aadit he is not someone who would call without anything.

Maybe he called for asking about her behavior, she felt her chest tighten thinking how could her father not trust his own daughter, it's not like she's gonna run away and she wouldn't dare to.

" I think you should go to our parent's house with Aadya, they will be missing her too. "

" Missing her? " Amaya scoffed

" They hate her. " Amaya said in a tone that wasn't familiar to Aadit till now.

" What? " He frowned

She looked at him, she wasn't sure if he didn't hear her properly or if he couldn't understand what she said.

" My parents, they hate Aadya. " A familiar string of pain came back to her eyes, she blinked back her tears.

" If they ever came to know that I am talking to my sister behind their back they will be furious, they might hate me too. "

" Why? " He whispered scooting close to her, she was looking ahead, building in front.

" My sister went against their wish by marrying someone she love. "