Chapter Twenty Five

Amaya stared at the sky while leaning on the rile of the balcony as soon as the world got cloudy and darker she got ready to welcome the rain

She desperately looked forward to the usual monsoon rain, she sniffed the air as she got the smell of the first raindrops on the parched soil. The aroma is soul-soothing and then starts the big drops with tip-top, tip-top sounds on the fiberglass, the sunshade of our balcony.

She took her hot cup of coffee and settled down on her beam bag, watching the rain as it wets the road and freshens the trees.

She wishes to sit there for hours admiring the rain and wonder how it falls so beautifully, on time to quench the thirst of our earth. Then as she sips her coffee and gets lost in her thoughts often wondering what all the birds and animals think or do when it rains like this.

" Why are you staring at me? " she asked as she felt his stare.

" Nothing " he smiled and ruffed her hair.

" You sure love my hair, don't you? " she asked setting her hair properly.

" Yes but I love another thing more than your hair," he said.

" Another thing? What is it? " she asked.

" I love peaches " he looked at her. Blood rushed to her cheeks she wasn't sure what kind of peach was talking about.

" Sometimes I don't understand what are you trying to say," she said while avoiding his eyes, he frowned as he saw her avoiding him but a teasing smile plastered on his lips when he saw her cheeks adored with blush.

" Why are you blushing? Have you perhaps misunderstood my words? " He asked.

" No! " She had her eyes widened and a smile of embarrassment on her lips.

" Wait! You twisted my words! " She looked at him with her lips pressed against each other as she didn't know what to speak.

" You are-"

" Aadit! I am bored, can we play something? " She interrupted him with some random excuse to distract him and to avoid further embarrassment. He smiled at her teasingly as if he knew what she was trying to do.

" Play? " she nodded her head.

" What do you want to play? Video games? " he asked.

" We play that every weekend Aadit," she said.

" Then what can we play? " He asked " Hey! I think I have some indoor games in the store room "

" Wait, I will get it " he stood up from the beam bag and went towards the direction where the store room was located while she followed him.

She couldn't say she was surprised to see the kitchen pieces of equipment but at the same time she was surprised, she looked around the room there was almost everything to open up a restaurant.