Chapter Twenty Eight

I am sorry for those who expected an special edition, trust me I tried to write but it ended up being a disaster, maybe I need some more time.

Being Mrs. Amaya Aadit kailas was never her plan, it wasn't in her plate.

She wasn't planning to get married, that was the last thing she cared about. She was trying to get out of her house but every time she failed miserably. 

Living a life which was supposed to be normal was nothing like normal.

She sighed as she leaned back to release there was nothing to support her, she stumbled.

" Ahh.." a hands caught her waist and made her steady.

" Thanks! " She muttered quietly coming out his embrace feeling embarassed.

Aadit chuckled looking at red cheeks, he caught her hand resting on the bench they were sitting and kept it on his lap holding it.

" You know, it was my favourite place when I was kid " he said looking around the park.

" I used to come here often "

' I know ' she wanted to say.

Of course she knows, afterall she was the one used to see him from her balcony ever since she saw him rescuing her puppy.

She felt the same connection she felt years ago when he came to her house to ask her hands in marriage.

Maybe it was one of the reason she agreed to marry him, it feels funny how it felt right to marry him after seeing him rescuing a mere puppy. She just compared herself to a puppy.

But Does she regret it? The answer would be an absolute no.

Amaya doesn't know how it feels to be in love or being loved by someone, she doesn't know how it feels to be in someone's first thought in the morning or how it feels to be someone's favourite.

But after being with Aadit, for the first time in her life she feels the love just like the first drop of rain after drought, she felt loved at every small action he does for her.

" You know that something was wrong. " It was not a question from him rather it was a statement.

" Uhh.." she was clueless.

" I don't get it " she said. He looked at her for a moment before turning his head away.

" Nothing. " He said, though she wanted to ask what he was saying she didn't, she felt that's not her place.

" Today is my Mother's death anniversary "

" Your mother? " She frowned.

" Yes, Maa is not my biological mother " he said, her mind was trying to process the new information.

" My mother died when I was ten " he stared at the ground.

" She committed suicide. " He gulped his tears back, she gasped.

" Do you remember when you asked me about the misunderstanding between my father and Aaira's? " She nodded remembering how distant he felt to her when she asked about the misunderstanding.

" Aaira's father is my mother's elder brother, when he found out about her death...he was devastated and furious, he blamed my father and...me "

" You? " He shivered slightly like he was trying to remember something.

" Yes...I was with my mother when she killed herself " he chocked, she couldn't believe her ears. It's like she forgot how to speak.

" I don't remember much about that days but I do remember spending time with my mother, she used to be alone and doesn't allow anyone near her except me. " His grip on her hands tightened.

" Sometimes she doesn't let me near her but I could feel the love she had for me, she used to say I am her prince. " He smiled like he is living in the memories of his mother, but soon it disappeared.

" One day, I asked my mother to play with me but she said she was too tried to play with and asked me to bring a medicine which was placed at a table behind her. "

" She swallowed the medicine infront of me and I never left her, even I made the bed for her " she could imagine a little Aadit making the bed for his mother with his his tiny hands.

" But she never woke up after that, I begged for her to wake up..." Her heart was aching for him, it was hurtful for her to see him cry. It was just as painful as her worst nightmare.

" I promised...I promised Amaya that I would be good boy and said that I don't need anyone but a mother. "

" Everyone around me told  that she would never wake up again, and I..." He let out a sob " killed her " she gasped thinking how could anyone blame a little kid for someone's mistake.

" I thought it was her medication, I swear Amaya...I don't know it was something else, I just wanted her to feel better.

" I didn't do that intentionally, I didn't kill her. " he begged, sobbing with his head in her lap.

" How could I kill my own mother? But everyone blamed me saying I am monster just like my father. " The regret is killing him every day. Her hands slowly caressed his back till he slowly looked up at her and asked.

" Am I a monster? " Her heart shattered.

She doesn't know whether his father was a good person nor she knew about the reason behind his mother's suicide.

She doesn't the relationship between him and Aaira's father neither she knew what was going on between his family, she knows nothing.

But one thing she knows is that, he can never be a monster. How can her Aadit can be a monster? Someone who gave her the solace which she has been dying to yearn for years, he has been her solace for someone like her, he is her solace.

" No..." She whispered, she couldn't even trust her own voice.

" You are never a monster. "

Yesterday, I was on my laptop and I was pretty bored, so I started to check the stats of HUL and I found out that HUL has more than 550 unique readers

I was so happy and still I am, I never thought there would so many people reading my story despite the fact I am updating this story very late.

I am grateful to each one of the readers of mine and thank you so much for spending your time on my work.

Love you all!! ♡

Between what is your favourite scene from HLU?