Chapter Twenty One

Kindly vote first, then enjoy reading 。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

• A M A Y A  •

The sound of rain and the sound of the clock ticking echoes in the whole room, I sat up slowly, the room coming into focus.

I felt heavy and groggy as I swung my legs over the side of the bed. My sleep-filled head had barely started to clear when a sound came from outside, just the sound of thunder and the sound of a branch dropping, but my brain grabbed it and catapulted me straight into my walking nightmare-I froze, terror seizing up my muscles, my brain screaming. I watched through a window separating a small girl who barely looked ten and me.

She saw me in her peripheral vision but then she looked at me straight into my eyes, tears were rolling down her cheeks, and her eyes were pleading, over and over, as the man screamed at her to be quiet but she couldn't.

Her breathing wasn't getting normal, she started moving backward as the man opened his pant belt, she was pleading me to help her. My body jolted as the belt touched her skin with a huge force.

I cried out and my hand flew up to my mouth to stifle the sound as I stumbled backward, instantly filled with shock and horror. I tripped on the carpet and fell down backward, drawing my legs up under me, trying to make myself as small as possible.

My eyes flew around the room looking for something I could hide behind, somewhere I could crawl. And that's when the alarm in my phone went off..

Reality rushed back in as the world around me cleared, I felt the arms of the couch gripped in my fists. I let out a gasping breath, my legs met the cold floor. I let myself relax on the couch.

'  God, I can't do this forever. '  This has to stop.

'  Do not cry, do not cry. '

After several minutes, I got hold of myself, " It's ok, girl, " I pat my chest to reassure myself.

I looked around at the surroundings realizing that I slept on the couch in the living room while waiting for him.

I looked at my phone and signed seeing 4.02 am in big fonts, he still hasn't come here yet.

A sudden wave of pain hit me, it was worser than the nightmare I had, worser than anything I felt. I feel betrayed like someone stabbing my back over and over again.

I wish I could go back in time, I wish I could change everything or I wish this was a dream, a beautiful dream but at the same time a sweet nightmare.

The sound of footsteps coming in my direction can be heard clearly, I wiped down the sweat on my forehead. I waited for it to stop and it did, I could feel him near me, neither of us spoke. My grip on the couch tightened.