Cup final pt.2

(Leah's POV)

The whistle blows..

"COME ON GIRLS LETS DO THIS!"

I'm so blumin nervous. I want to win so badly. It would mean the world to me. I can hear the crowd roaring around me trying to boost us up. And it does really help. I have Alex Greenwood next to me as a left cb, on my right is Lucy Bronze and as the left back, Jess Carter. So I felt very confident.

(Commentator's POV)

Com 1: "England are looking really sharp today.. looking like they could take on Spain at any moment."
Com 2: "Yeah I totally agree, they seem very confident on the ball."
Com 3: "Spain don't look on it, however when they break through they have quite a strong forward."

(Leah's POV)

We are 20 minutes in now, so not long till the first half is over. We are looking quite confident today so I have a good feeling about this. Luckily my nerves have subsided a little.

(Commentator's POV)

Com 1: Spain have the ball and seem to be pushing forwards"
Com 2: "uh oh they have got past Jess carter and have managed a break through."

(Leah's POV)

The ball got through Jess, they play it outside the box and someone has a shot.

The stadium abrupts.

"Oh for fuck sake. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE PRESS THE BALL FOR FUCK SAKE. GIRLS WE WERE SO DOMINANT BEFORE. COME ON WE CAN STILL DO THIS."

The last 10 minutes feel like forever. Spain have got a boost now and I can't believe they scored.

Finally the whistle blows. I run in the tunnel fuming.

(Jordan's POV)

We all sit in the changing room with our heads down. Sarina is never mad at us ever but instead she is just disappointed. Which I can understand why. I look over to Leah and see her head down. I hate to see her upset.

(Sarina's POV)

"Right...Where do I even start? I don't know what happened out there girls. We were so dominant. But forget about the score, it  doesn't matter. I want you all to go out there thinking there is 10 minutes left and we have to win. I know you are all capable of winning this game so please show it. You have got this girls!!!"

(Leah's POV)

Sarina had a long talk with us and she was definitely right. You can never disagree with sarina. She always makes the right choices and makes sure everyone is okay. I admire her so much.

"Come on girls let's do this. Like sarina said forget about the score. There is only one team who can win this and it's us!"

(Back to everyone)

The lionesses run out of the tunnel looking like they are ready to win. Spain walk out thinking they have already won the game.

(Commentator's POV)

Com 1: "Spain seem very cocky at the moment. It looks like thy are going to make a mistake at any moment."
Com 2: "you are right. They think they have won the game but you can never underestimate England."

15 minutes later...

Com 2: "Ella Toone has the ball, passes to Chloe Kelly on the right.. she crosses it in to Alessia Russo and..."
Com 3: "GOALLLLLLLLL!!!"

The Crowd goes wild.

Com 1: "WHAT A STRIKE FROM ALESSIA RUSSO!"

(Leah's POV)

I see the ball leave Alessia's foot and it slams into the back of the net.

"OH MY WORD WHAT A GOAL!"

We all run to Russo. The crowd are screaming and we are screaming. What a moment. I can't believe that just happened.

I look up to the clock. Shit. 10 minutes left and it's still 1-1.

Spain start to make a break through and I do my best to tackle them. But sadly the just pass it around me. Oh god. Please not another goal.

(Commentator's POV)

Com 1: " Spain has the ball and are so close to goal. They got around Leah Williamson and are through on goal."
Com 2: " they take a stoke at goal and.. oh my word!"

Com 3: "WHAT A SAVE BY MARY EARPS!!!!!!!!!!!"

(Leah's POV)

"THANK GOD! LETS GO MARY! YOU ARE SO GOOD!"

So many emotions are running through my head right now. Somehow one of the Spanish players go down injured so I quickly run over to sarina to see what to do next.

"Leah. I need you to move up a little more and try create a chance for us. I know you can do this."

I nodded an ran back on the pitch. There was two minutes left with probably some extra time.

I push forwards and those two minutes fly by so quickly.

Stadium announcement: "3 minutes added of extra time."

Three minutes. It's still 1-1. We have to do this.

I receive the ball from Lauren James and bomb on forwards up the pitch dribbling through player after player. I get a nice one-two from Ella and I play a ball in the air to Jordan. She doesn't take a touch.

Everyone is at the edge of their seats. She strikes the ball and....

Oh. My. God. You just know I had to leave you guys on a cliff hanger there 😭. Sorry about this but I'm going to make a part three. Hope you enjoyed this. We will find out next part.. did Jordan's volley go in or not?