Chapter 10: Team Pride

All of their food hand finally arrive. All of them said their thanks to Danny as they dig in. Giza then ate his food.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The eating it was akin to eating sand and paper at the same time - the taste was absolutely bland or more aptly speaking, the taste was nothingness. The food didn't have any flavor to it.

To any other person, they would freak out but Giza didn't. The food wasn't bad or had been tamper with - it was Giza's fault the food tasted like that. Every food he ate tasted like that with no exceptions. Every food he ate is like sand paper, every food he ate has no taste or flavor to it.

Still he is already used to this, so he continue to eat.

The entire unit talked with each other, with the sole exception for Giza as he's was just eating his food, not really bothering to interact with his other team mates, as they chat about diffrent things. But there was something about Penny eating food made Giza intrigue. 'Even though she's a robot she's able to eat and from the looks of it, tasting it as well, but why though? What's the purpose of it?' Penny was a enigmatic person to him. She seems a like an amiable and energetic person, quite contradicting to what he'd imagen a robot made to kill the Dragmares would act. 'And yet father believe she's somehow powerful and skilled to match me, but she's just a tin can.' He glared at Penny as she happily chews on her food.

He found it offensive to himself, insulting to his years of arduous training in an effort to master the art of the sword, and a grave insult to his pride to even consider needing assistance.

Adding the fact that she's just a tin can.

"S-s-so um....Danny have you heard about the news?" This question from Joku slightly peaked some small amounts of interest in Giza as he continue to eat his salad.

"About what?" Danny asked.

"Oh! Is it about the controversy surrounding miss Nikos going to Beacon instead of Haven!" Penny
beamed at Joku.

'Nikos? Who the hell is she?' Giza though, she must've some hot shot famous Huntress. Because of the nature of Hunters - Aura, Semblence, and especially their clothing style and weapons - they are treated as superheroes by society. Completely Idolizng them.

Because of that some Hunters who had done something amazing, became pretty popular celebrity. 'Heck! Wasn't there a Hunter who had their own Toy Line based around them and their team...' Giza mentally chuckled at that line of thought.

"Who's Nikos?" Danny asked Penny.

"Full name: Pyrrha Nikos
gender: Female
height: 6'0
current age: 17
birthdate: July 15 2014
Semblence: her Semblence is disclose, but it is speculated to be some form of magmatism.

One of her most notable achivement is winning the Mistral Regional Tournament four years in a row, and she also appeared in several commercial, along with being the mascot for Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes...." She then proceed to pratically tell the most detailed Biography ever.
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Joku and Danny both gave Penny surprised looks as she explained everything about her in great detail, but Giza was surprised for a different reason.

'Wait...she's pumpkin girl?.' Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes cereals were some of Lia's favorite foods - despite both him and Igawa's protest against it due to it being unhealthy as all hell - so he'd sees some of their cereal boxes having an - admittedly beautiful - girl with crimson hair tied into a pony tail, with emerald eyes on the front cover saying some corney slogans.

"Guess...thanks for the explanation?.." Danny smiled akwardly at Penny.

"Um.....P-penny I guess you're a really b-big fan of her?" Penny quizzically looked at Joku, her eyes widened as she realize something. "Y-you're correct! Friend Joku I a'm a very big of Pyrrha Nikos!" She then let a pretty force laugh. Smiling akwardly at Joku and Danny.

'Oh? They don't know...?' This made him confuse. Why did his father tell him about her and not his teamates - something was off.

"That's pretty cool! I'm also kinda a fan of her as well." Danny said, pretty happy finding another Pyhrra fan.

Then trio began to talk about loads of diffrents subjects, Giza didn't really interact with the rest of the team, some of them tried to strike up a conversation with him, but he just straight up said. "Don't try to talk to me, unless it's something important."

Eventually finishing eating their foods, the Unit went out to continue their search for Frost.

/0/

They had reached a street intersection when Danny stopped and turned to face the other members of his Unit. "Okay, we need to form teams so that we can broaden our search."

They have been going to brothel after brothel, interviewing them about the identity of Frost, but so far it has been a dead end. They been doing this because in the past seven months CCTV cameras have captured someone who's exactly matching the description the tenants gave to him of Kaithlyn's client going to brothels.

"We should split up into teams of two: Joku and I, Penny and Borosu. How does that sound guys?" Danny asked the group.

"Sure.."

"Affermative!" Penny shakes her head in agreement.

Seeing the opportunity in front of him Giza takes it. "Actually how about instead; you, Bredion, and Poledina formed the first team while I'll just go solo." The Idea of forming teams isn't a bad plan, contrary  it was a pretty smart plan. It's just he likes going solo. It involved less risk where the other team members might betray him in order to save their own skin, plus he was confident in his skills, so he doesn't really need them for assistance, in fact they might be a great hindrance to him.

"What? No! That's a dumb idea. Why would you want that?!" Danny was pretty exasperated at Giza and his attitude towards the entire Unit. It was really getting on his nerve, but getting mad and shouting at Giza isn't going to help his attitude towards the team, so he tries to calms down.

"W-why does Giza don't like us..." Joku mumbled under her breath, unfortunately for her Giza heared it.

"To tell you the truth; it's because you're all weak and would most likely be a great hindrance to me." He bluntly told them.

"..........what?" Joku said.

"Well fuck you! Like it or not, we are going to form teams!" Danny tighten his hands in anger at Giza.

Giza scoffs at Danny, turning to walk in the direction of a nearby brothel. Penny, who had been silently watching the whole affair, turns to Danny and Joku and smiles brightly. "Don't worry, friends! I'll try to talk to Giza and sort out this mess," she says before running after Giza. As she leaves, she waves goodbye and wishes them good luck on their part.

Soon both the figures of Penny and Giza disapear in the distance. Leaving Danny and Joku at the street intersection. "I wonder? What's with Giza deal?" Joku mumbled to herself.

Danny sighs. "Welp...I guess we should head to the other nearby brothel, I hope Penny is able to talk to Giza." Soon the duo headed to the opposite direction where Penny and Giza went.

/0/

On top of a far away building was a woman watching the whole Unit's debacle with  binoculars.

Robyn Hill smirks at seeing the Unit beeing split into two teams. Her eyes follow Penny and Giza, or more precisely Giza. She taps her ear piece. "This is Wooden Sparrow, I have eyes on the target."

--------------------------------------------------
If you want please leave a comment/review on your thoughts on this chapter or the entire story, do you love it? Hate it?