|5| pastries

Inej and Danielle were in that back, baking the bread for the customers at the pub. Jesper walked in and tried to take a bite of bread but Danny slapped it out if his hand.

"Ow." He said, rubbing his hand.

"If we have extra bread, or extra ingredients we can make some, then you can have some."

"What if u pay you?" He offered, still cradling his hand.

"Would you actually?" She asked him with her hands on her hips.

Jesper sighed. "No."

"That's what I thought." She quipped. Inej giggled at the two.

"You two are ridiculous." The Suli girl laughed. The blonde laughed along with her.

"Guys," Kaz spoke as he walked in, his cane sitting the floor with each step as usual. "People are waiting out there. Finish up the pastries and Jesper, keep watch."

"Yes boss." They all said in unison. Jesper gif off the stool he was sat on, Inej quickly took off her apron and flung it onto the counter.

"Kaz can you get this off for me please?" Danny asked referring to her apron. She double knotted it.

He limped down to her and set his cane down so he could untie it for her. As he did so, the smell of fresh baked goods filled the room, adding to the strange atmosphere something sweet.

"Thanks."

"Of course Ellie." He almost smiled at her as she looked at him with grateful eyes. He held in his smile and said, "well then. Are they done?"

Right on cue, the oven made a noise indicating that it was ready. "They are now." She laughed.

She walked over to the oven and took out the tray. On the tray were some loaves of bread, croissants, and baguettes.

"Good. Let them cool then display them." He paused. "Please."

"Of course dazzle."

After they had cooled, she brought them out. People immediately flocked over to her. Her pastries got sold out in a span of thirty minutes.