|21| Inferni abilities

They made it to a church like room. "Go, go." Kaz ushered. He pushed her gently on her back. "Hide behind that bench." She did as he said, and he himself went behind a pillar. But she was scared. She could hear the Grisha's thoughts.

"Kaz!" She called out. He spun around. "He-" Kaz shushed her as the Inferni walked in.

"You're not supposed to be here, are you, limping man? And what about that woman you came with? I suppose she's not either." He got closer to her hiding spot and she didn't know what to do beside crawl under the bench. There was shuffling footsteps. It was Kaz. Danny saw the Grisha's boots in front of her. He started to step on the seats of the church. She heard the bench's wood creak. 

Kaz. She thought. Where'd you go?

"You're like a wounded spider in my house." The Inferni said as he walked on the benches. Danny shivered as a chill went down her spine. "You know what my sister an I do to spiders?" He summoned a flame. He looked around but couldn't find Kaz.

As he was looking, Kaz snook up behind him and used his cane to throw him off. He fell to the ground with a grunt. Kaz stepped in one of his hands. "Unlike a spider, I only need one food leg. However you..." Kaz picked up a small pillar he picked up. He slammed it against the man underneath him's hand. The latter's scream echoed. "... look like you need both hands." He twisted it and the man grunted again. The bones in his hand cracked, it being heard as it was so loud. Kaz used the pillar that broke the Inferni's hand and swung it at his head.

Kaz limped away to find Danielle and get her out of there. "Kaz." He heard.

"Ellie? Elle where are you?"

She wiggled out from under the bench she was hidden beneath. "Right here."

Kaz sighed in relief. She was ok. "Alright let's go. We need to meet up with the others." He held onto his leg as he walked, Elle moving around to the other side of him to help him walk.

A flaming sound came from behind them. "Wrong." He was about to throw the ball of fire at the two, from an above balcony, a knife was thrusted into the back of his head. Kaz and Danny looked up, surprised to see Inej being the culprit. She jumped down and looked at what she had done.

Inej breathed heavily, "this way!" A guard's booming voice sounded.

"We need to go." Kaz held onto Danielle's wrist.

"I..." Inej let out a shaky breath. "I killed him."

"Inej look at me." Danny's gentle voice pulled Inej out of her trance. "You saved us. Get your Saint and let's go."

"In here!" The same guard yelled.

They all rushed out to the meeting point. A statue of a horse. They saw Jesper. "What happened, are you ok?"

"She's real Jesper. She made the light sing."

"We lost her." Kaz frustratedly let out.

Jesper smirked. "Did we?"

Kaz eyed him. "We don't know where she is."

Again, Jesper smirked. He laughed lightly. "Don't we? Just ask."

"Jesper... not now-" Danny tried.

"Just ask." He climbed onto the carriage's seat where you could steer the horses. Inej hopped up after. Kaz eyed him oddly and climbed up with the help of Danielle. "Just ask." Jesper repeated.

"Fine. Do we have a fix on where the target is?" Kaz asked annoyed. Danny climbed up after she made sure Kaz was settled.

Jesper said nothing and whipped the reigns word they went.