The past |bonus chapter|

After the new about the shows cancelation and plus I miss writing this story, i made a little bonus chapter. Reminder: my book used their age from the show, like Kaz being 30 in the show. This takes place when she was 16 and he was 18, about to be 19. (He's two and a half years older than her) Okay, enjoy!

Danielle was walking down the alleyway on her way back home to the slat. She just got out of the best bakery in town after getting the one and only Kaz Brekker a treat for his birthday. Which was in three days. But he was going on a mission in two days, so she thought this day would be best for his birthday treat. He wasn't one to eat pastries, but she knew that he liked a certain type. Croissants stuffed with chocolate. He loved chocolate, only Danny knew about it. "My reputation would be ruined if people found out I liked sweets" he'd say. And every time she'd tell him it wouldn't matter.

She carried the brown paper bag to the Slat, then set it down on the step so she could fish for her keys in her pockets. Before she could reach them, a hand grabbed her waist and the other over her mouth. She kicked and wiggled around but two other men ran over and grabbed her legs. They lifted her up and dumped her into a wagon. At that point, before she could scream, she had gotten tied up by coarse rope and a bandana was being used as a gag.

The musty breathe of the captor made Danielle cringe. It smelled of whiskey mixed with fish. Possibly cod or tuna. It didn't matter though.

Eventually they reached a warehouse. It was broken down with boards covering the windows as the glass had been smashed. They picked her up with difficulty as she was trying her best to escape from their nasty grasps. Their calloused hands groped at her and with her being tied up she couldn't do anything. She could only whimper. She tried to say something but it was muffled due to the gag.

One of the men tore it off of her face, his long nails and callouses cutting her jaw. "What was that, darlin?" He asked.

She held her head high. "Kaz Brekker will find me. And when he does you will be sorry!"

The men laughed. "That wee lad? What will he do. He's a kid that's crippled."

He has a point.

I pray to the Saints he won't come.

Pft. Like he'd come for you.

She heard the men think. Her eyes watered. They're right. What if he doesn't come for her?

"How old are ya, lass?" The man who seemed to be the leader of the gang asked.

She stayed silent.

The man lost patience. He slapped her then grabbed her jaw. "I asked ye' a question, girl."

"Sixteen." She responded, a tear falling.

Kaz. Save me. She pleaded.

Just then, a bang at the wooden door.

Was that him?

The Dregs had bursted in, guns up and aimed. The group of men holding the girl captive immediately backed away with their hands up, knowing they'd lose anyways. Kaz and Per Haskell ran in, the first cutting the ropes off of the girl.

Kaz had always told himself that he can't let people know he and Danielle had a little thing because people would do this. Take her captive. But he had also told himself that if anything were to happen to her, he'd burn the city to the ground and kill whoever took her from him.

Per Haskell and his gang were beating the other gang members who had taken the girl. "Show yer face again and you'll be sorry." He spit at him. "Don't mess with my crew."

Kaz helped her up and they went back to the club. Once they got there he led her to his room. "Are you alright?"

"I'm alright Kaz. Just a bit... shaken up I suppose." She sat down on his bed, he stood in front of her.

"Did they hurt you? Cut you? Beat you? Try to-"

"Kaz. I'm fine. They slapped me once and that was it. I'm alright I promise." She stood up from her spot on his bed and grabbed his face. "I'm alright. I promise, Dazzle."

He let out a small chuckle. "You know I hate that nickname."

"I know." She winked.