|10| costumes

The Crows have now moved to the Dregs club, room and offices vacant for them. In one of these offices, Kaz was playing with a magic pen. Making it disappear and reappear. His mind went to when he was a kid, when Jordie was alive, he watched as a performer made the pen disappear.

"Kaz?" A distanced voice called. "Kaz!" His eyes snapped up. There stood Danielle. She had changed into a beautiful dress. A baby blue full dress with some white lace trim. He remembered when he bought her that exact dress for her birthday. "Wylan brought the compound. Jesper is helping him load it in. Nina and Inej is already out there, too."

"In a few hours, when the chips fall... it'll give me comfort knowing that you're with me."

"I wouldn't miss it."

He grabbed his cane then stood up, walked over to Elle, and then said, "If the plan goes awry, please tell Inej to flee before it's too late."

She nodded. "Of course, I promise we will take Pekka down." He nodded as did she. The two looked in each other's eyes before she broke their eye contact and left.

Danny hopped down the steps off the bar and she saw the two other boys and Inej by the box of costumes. "It smells like these haven't been washed since last year." She heard Inej complain. She was in a dark teal dress with an odd neck piece connected to it. Jesper shrugged and took off his bright red feathered hat with disgust.

They all saw Kaz come down too. He ignored them and limped to the box that held the chemicals. "It'll mimic it in every way?"

"Mhm." Wylan hummed.

Slamming the wooden box's lid closed, she merely said "good." He felt a certain pair of eyes staring at him and turned to look at the culprit.

"You're gonna say you can't do this without me, yeah?" Jesper asked. "And that you hate it when we're angry at each tiger but sometimes brothers fight. And when all of this is over, you're going to open a tan for me at the club of my choosing. 'Cause when  Pekka's gone you'll take it all." Jesper gave him a stupid grin. "That's what you were going to say. Yes?"

"There's a cap on the tab. But otherwise, yes. To all of that." He nodded to the sharpshooter.

"Then let's go take down the king." The sharpshooter nodded to the Bastard.

Kaz glanced at everyone. "The plan is this. Jesper and Wylan, you're going to hand out Komedie Brute costumes and vials of the compound to all the Dregs."

"Per Haskell's gang." Said Jesper.

"Our gang now." Kaz responded with a smirk. "By sunset the streets will be crawling with Sankt Emerens revelers. They will provide us with the cover we need. Make sure to hit all of Pekka's businesses, the clubs, the brothels. All to destroy Pekka's reputation. Inej will cover fifth harbor, and when the chaos begins she'll hand the note to Pekka's driver. Elle, meet up with Jesper and Wylan to spread the chemical. Nina and I will handle the emerald palace."

Everyone nodded to the well thought out plan. "See you there."

Jesper looked at everyone. "No mourners,"

"No funerals." Everyone besides Wylan responded.

Jesper grabbed his and Wylan's masks and costumes, Elle grabbing hers which was a white dress, that she didn't k is until she put it on, shower quite a bit of cleavage. It had some feathers and came with a mask with a handle instead of an elastic.

"Why do you guys say that?" Wylan's asked them. "Why isn't it just 'good luck' or 'be safe'?"

"Because we can't say 'break a leg'" Jesper joked. Danny hit him playfully.

Inej answered him. "We like to keep our expectations low." And out they all went.