|1| stadwatch

They're back.

"Home sweet home. Straight off the boat from Ravka and no one was waiting to kill us as soon as we arrived! Yay! That's a good sign. I think I might celebrate with a little dice and debauchery." Jesper said as he and the others walked down the familiar cobblestone streets of Kerch's Ketterdam.

"No debauchery." Kaz shut him down.

"Dice then."

"No dice. We have stops to make." The man clad in black shut Jesper down again.

"What's first? Tante Heleen?" Inej asked hopefully.

"We get to the crow club." Kaz told the three.

Once they reached the club, the sign, they had noticed, changed. It was now green with a crown with an eye in the center.

"Where's our sign?" Jesper asked as he stared up at the sign.

"Obviously, it's been replaced." Danielle smirked stupidly at him. "'The Kaelish Prince'?" She read aloud.

Inej and Jesper made confused faces but Kaz stated menacingly and angrily at the new sign. "What sort of name is that?" Jesper asked no one in particular.

Kaz looked at the bouncer guarding the door. He had a lion tattoo on his neck. "Dime Lions."

"Pekka Rollins owns the Crow Club?" Inej frowned.

"Where does that lead us?" Jesper frowned as well. "Are you saying we have no home?" Danielle wasn't paying attention to him as she noticed Kaz had a distant look in his eyes.

"Kaz?-"

"My suits." Jesper whined. "All my hats."

"Split up. It isn't safe." Kaz carefully pushed Danny in front of him. A whistle blew loudly.

"Halt! You four! Hands up!" Constance Sem shouted to them. They stopped in their tracks, though Kaz grabbed Danny's hand to push her behind him. "Kaz Brekker. Jesper Fahey. Danielle Turner. And Inej Ghafa. Only a matter of time before you turned up."

Kaz was worried for Ellie. She had never been a criminal l, other than being friends with them. She was part of the crows but she never did anything besides heal them. He looked behind him and saw her shaking slightly. "Is there a problem?" He asked the Constable.

"For you, yeah." Sem nodded. "You're wanted for murder."

"What? We just got back in town." Jesper lowered his hands with a whine, the stadwatch held out heir guns and he went back to showing his hands. "Unless it's a crime to kill Volcra."

"Very funny gunslinger. Now. Slowly hand over those shooters." Constable Sem commanded. "And you give up the cane."

Danielle looked to her left to see Inej slipping away. She let out a breath knowing that at least Inej will be safe.

"And you, spy- oi! Where'd she go?!" Every stadwatch surrounding them looked around.

"Yeah, she does that." Jesper smirked.

"Whatever. What about you?" The officer locked eyes with Elle. "You got any weapons?" She shook her head furiously. "Hmm. Pat her down." Two men walked toward her.

"Stop. She doesn't do anything but help us with our wounds. She is no threat." Kaz snapped at them. "So back off."

"Does infamous Kaz Brekker have a soft spot?"

"No." He dismissed. "You can't just feel up a woman against her will, especially when she's told you she had nothing." Kaz glared at the two officers still standing by Danielle.

The Constable stared at him. "Fine. Three is enough for now. Let's go." He walked up to Kaz and yanked at his wrists. "Off to Hellgate to await trial." He clicked the handcuffs on him. He did so to Jesper and Elle. He pushed the three to a metal cart that held prisoners.

Jesper and Elle were sat next to each other but Kaz was by himself squished between two big dirty men. He was panicking.

"'Let's all go back to Ketterdam. It'll be fun,' they said." Jesper scoffed. "And now I'm off to Hellgate. Hellgate."

Kaz sat up straighter at bare arms rubbed up against his own arm.

"Pekka's got his gritty fingers in every part of that pie." Jesper began again. He sighed sadly and in defeat.

A man's hand touched Kaz's leg. That did it. His head was filled with memories of the feeling of touch that changed the way he was. His breath started to shake, as did he while body.

"We understand up there, we're as good as dead." Jesper continued. The man besides Kaz had landed his whole hand on Kaz's leg. He sucked in a deep breath and hunched over.

"Jes. Shut up. Kaz?" She called out softly. Jesper looked over then, too.

"Boss?" He glanced up to the front of the prison cart. "Hey! Stop this wagon!" He started to bang his handcuffed hands on the metal walls.

A prisoner on the cart yelled. "Shut up!"

Jesper stopped. "You shut up." And he went back to the banging.

"Kaz. Kaz! Kaz listen to me. You're alright. You're okay!" Danielle tried to reach Kaz but he was a little too far from her.

"Now!" Jesper shouted as he kept hitting the wagon's walls.

"Oi!"

"Settle down!"

"Shut up!" Danny glared. The wagon stopped. Jesper looked to Danny who had the same look in her face as he did.

"You three. Out." The constable sighed, pointing to each of them. Kaz looked up breathlessly.

"Gentlemen, it's been a pleasure. Come on."