|19| Little Palace heist

Heading to the castle gates, the performer carriage rolled. Once they reached the gate they all got out. Marko handed the papers of authenticity to a guard. "That one is our invitation to perform. Signed by the Queen."

The guard looked up at him. Marko looked back to Jesper who stood with his hands in his pockets. He gave a curt nod and Marko looked to the guard again.

With a deep breath, the guard started to speak. "This writ allows you access to the grounds, the main ballroom and nowhere else. You are being employed by the queen. You are not her guests. You are to stay together in a group at all times."

The guard moved around them all, giving them all a look. Jesper took hold of Danielle's wrist and gently tugged her towards himself as he noticed the guard giving her a look longer than he gave the others.

"No guns," Hesper made a face. "No knives," Inej then made a face. "No weapons of any kind." As the guard circled again the two stopped making faces. "Punishment for violation of these rules ranges from being fired to fired upon. Now. Do we all understand the rules?"

Danny smiled politely and nodded. As she did this forever, a man behind the castle guard started to grunt and yell. "Oh for Saints' sake."

"The sun summoner! I just want to see her!" The man yelled. More guards ran up to the angry and desperate man as he himself ran. Kaz upon the group.

Danny was itching to heal him ever since he broke his leg. So watching him try not to link to blend in with the other guards was hard to watch.

The guard they have been talking to then told the others, "the rest of you go post up now!"

Kaz went inside following the real guards.

~•**•~

The Dregs and Arken were planing out and talking about the Little Palace. "Here's the plan. I'll walk to route our target will take from the ballroom to the dinner even and look for an ambush point." Kaz spoke with his usual monotone voice.

"One of us should go with you." Danny suggested to Dirtyhands.

"I'll manage."

Danny just have him a look and muttered, "sure."

"You lot can't blow your cover this early. Plus, Jesper need to plot out escape route. There is a gap in the schedule between events. So they may place her in a room here." He pointed to a room on the map they had. "Away from the crowd somewhere safe. This would be where they feel she's most protected, and therefore, the best place to grab her."

"Great plan Dazzle."

Kaz stared at Danielle before finishing. "We just need to find a way in. And have someone ready with a distraction to give us cover on our way out." He again pointed to the room. "That's where we grab her."

~•**•~

They were at a festival. Marko having a performance of the Sun Summoner. Jesper and Danielle stood in front, looking at some costumes.

"Well this is embarrassing. Should I tell them?" They heard a girl ask a redhead.

"Alina no! Not everyone knows what you look like. If we get caught here-" the girl got cut off by a small explosion.

"No! No! No!" Marko yelled. "Come here!"

That broke Jesper and Danielle's eavesdropping. "Interesting." She stated.