|26| reading lessons

I changed my mind. There's gonna be more. I'm really enjoying writing this book. Hopefully S3 will happen!

Wylan and Danielle were sitting at her desk, (Well, Kaz's desk. Well... their desk. They do share a room now.) and there was a children's book laid out in front of them.

"Alright Wylan. I know you're not very fond of child treatment, nobody is, but this will be how we start off. Everyone starts of slow, okay?" Danny softly spoke to him. The messy haired boy looked at her and nodded.

"Okay."

"Okay!" Danny clapped happily. "So. Start with the first sentence. If you need help with sounding it out, let me know."

Wylan gulped and looked down at the page in front of him. "A b-bu-nnie-"

"Bunny."

He blushed and nodded. "A bunny hoped... hoped?"

"Hopped." Danny corrected.

Wylan's eyes began to glisten with tears of embarrassment. I can't do anything right.

"Hey hey hey. It's okay. We all start somewhere Wy." Danny put her hand in his shoulder and rubbed it. "It's alright."

He sniffles and went back to reading. "A bunny hopped..." he got stuck again.

"Down. Sound it out. Dow-n. Down."

"Down... a bunny hopped down a p-path of rock and s-s-..."

"Soil. It's a bit tricky. It's alright Wylan. You're doing great."

Wylan sucked in a deep breath. "A bunny hopped down a path of rock and soil." He did it. "A bunny hopped down a path of rock and soil!"

"Oh yay! Wylan you did it!" Danny grabbed him and held him in a tight hug. He held her back just as tightly.

"Thank you." He said.

"Of course Wylan! I'm so proud of you! Oh, Jesper will be so thrilled. Shall we go show him?"

Wylan smiled brightly and nodded. Danny scooped up the book and the two giddily ran down the steps to the club where the group were sitting at having breakfast as it was only seven in the morning, the club opens at three. Danny clapped and they all looked up from their plates and bowls.

"Everyone, Wylan has something to show you! Go ahead!"

Wylan suddenly became red. He stammered a bit but after seeing Jesper's curious and excited face, he stood taller. He opened the children's book and read aloud, "A bunny hopped down a path of rock and soul."

It was silent for a moment.

Then it erupted into excited cheers.

Nina squealed and jumped away from her waffles. "Oh my Saints! Wylan that was great!"

Kaz just nodded in approval.

Jesper ran over to his boyfriend and spun him around, almost hitting Elle but she moved out of the way in time. Jesper kissed Wylan deeply then pulled away. "I'm so proud of you."

Wylan's smile could bright up the whole foggy Ketterdam night sky. He was grinning ear to ear. He's glad he finally found a place.

A home.