Chapter 3 - A new start

Barrow opened his eyes to the scent of blood and ash and an unconscious Cale by his side

"Cale? Caleeeee??" Barrow said while trying to wake up Cale.

Still shaking Cale's unconscious body Barrow looked around the area he could see Cale was wearing a haori as red as his hair and Barrow was wearing a black hakama over a white kimono.

Barrow could also see the place they were at reeked of blood and it seemed to be burnt down already. He suddenly felt a tug on his kimono.

"Oh you're finally awake Cale." Barrow said to Cale who was now sitting up while tugging onto his clothes. But he could notice something off about Cale.

He could see Cale looked a lot more paler than before, I mean he was pale but this time it seemed as if he was dead, and instead of round pupils Cale had reptilian eyes.

"Cale did you turn into a demon...?" Barrow asked warily waving at Cale who was just glaring at him as if he was dumb.

"Alright, alright! Ok you definitely turned into a demon." Barrow said putting his hands up sarcastically before picking Cale up and helping him stand meanwhile what Cale thought was what Barrow was thinking but a little different.

' I mean it's pretty obvious to see I have weird fangs and my eyes are probably different. '  Was what our dear slacker wannabe was thinking

"Although I guess it's better now that you're a bit stronger then humans and have more stamina now. But we should explore this area to know where we are at, because i didn't read the manga like you did." Barrow said dragging the obviously tired Cale around the house.

"I guess you're right." Cale says while sighing letting himself be dragged by his eldest brother.

"Also have you noticed we've been speaking Japanese this entire time aniki?" Cale asked Barrow who was going through dead bodies and objects around the house.

"We were...?" Barrow asked turning back looked bewildered.

"I'm not sure how you. managed to almost take over the world if you're this dumb." Cale said with a bright smile

"Ahem! we should continue to find something useful here.." Barrow said averting Cale's judgmental smile

***

Walking down the hallway Cale and Barrow could see a ton of dead bodies.

"This is our room? Well at least in this world I think." Barrow said before sliding the door open and headed in with Cale following behind him.

Inside the room everything was burnt up already the only thing slightly visible was a little diary with a flute next to it.

Cale picked up the diary and as he was flipped through the pages he was able to collect more information about world they were in and they were also able to found out they lived with a family of 4, of course they were already dead as a while ago he and his hyung found their supposed parents dead bodies while exploring.

(In case this part confuses you family of 4 including Barrow and Cale so Barrow, Cale, and the mom and dad)

***

"Grrrrr... Grrrrr!"

The black-haired youth growled before pouncing and attacking the red-haired boy.

"Nezuko! Nezuko! This isn't you! please come back! It's me Tanjiro! Your brother!" The red-haired youth said while trying to stop the black-haired youth from devouring him with an axe.

Swoosh! (Do swords make noises when cutting thin air?)

A black-haired man attempts to cut off the black-haired youths head but fails but before he can continue attacking the demon he hears a voice speak up from behind and abruptly turns around blocking the black haired girl from biting him with his sword.

"Tanjiro..?"

"Ah.. Cale and Barrow!"

***

"So both of your houses has been massacred by demons and both of your younger siblings turned into demons..? And you're both relatives? Hah what a strange occurrence to happen at the same time."

The man bow identified as Giyuu Tomioka said as he brushed through his hair looking at the two well now three red heads.

"Haha.. Yes that's correct. But! Cale didn't attack me!"Barrow said explaining and justifying himself.

"Why would I attack aniki?" Cale asked tilting his head slightly to the side. Oh how much Barrow really wanted to pinch those cheeks, there would be such random times where Cale could be so adorable.

"Ah... yes that's correct sir.." Tanjiro answered back looking at the ground then at Cale and Barrow then to the unconscious Nezuko.

"Haah... I'll send a letter to my master to train you into becoming demon slayers.. So follow this path and you'll get there.. you might need something to help your siblings not burn from the sun..." Giyuu says with a stoic and cold face looking at the three redheads before pointing at the direction to journey off.

' Well! now it's the start of Tanjiro's adventure to killing the demon king hope nothing goes wrong.. we're just side characters anyways.. RIGHT?! '

(Oh how wrong our dear slacker was)

***

I assumed Cale wouldn't be affected when turning into a demon because record enhances the users brain capacity to like beyond human capacity and makes it so they can think quicker and can be more in control of their emotions iirc? So I made it so that Cale wouldn't go berserk or crazy and try to harm Barrow when he first woke up.

Also I don't really know who the main character POV would be so it will probably switch between Barrow/White star and Cale ofc they are both the mcs of my fanfic though!