Chapter 11 - The bait

Extreme ooc I think, enjoy

***

"Umm, I've been meaning to ask but howcome Cale doesn't seem to be affected by the sun?" Tanjiro asked looking at the sleeping Cale on Barrow's back.

"I'll tell you when the time comes." Barrow said giving Tanjiro a vague answer leaving him behind in confusion.

"Snap out of it if you don't want to be left behind." Barrow said snapping his fingers at Tanjiro snapping him out of his thoughts before any weird theory comes up in his head like what he had to come up with at the temple.

"Ah... Okay.." Tanjiro catched up to Barrow who was very much still holding Cale now in a princess carry to the village. Yes the whole journey Barrow kep adjusting his carrying positions because of Cale himself.

***

Walking across the village Barrow, Cale, and Tanjiro decided to settle down for a bit.

"How are we gonna lure them...?" Tanjiro looks around the desolate village in which noticing lacked very few younger women.

"We just need bait." Cale said giving his signature scamming smile.

' There's no way right.. ' Barrow gave a side eye to Cale whos smile only got brighter each second Barrow looked at him.

A few seconds later Cale ran away somewhere saying he'd come back with a good plan. Barrow did not buy it, it definitely had something to do with sacrificing himself again or using him as a scapegoat.

"I'm back!" Cale said showing up in a light purple kimono with floral designs running up to Barrow causing the latter to hug the redhead now in a kimono, causing many women and men to look at him in pity for Barrow. Of course Barrow and Cale ignored it all that's a special ability they have.

"So you're using yourself as bait?" Barrow asked getting nod from the stoic redhead. Seeing this Barrow sighed and patting Cale's head out of stress.

It became a habit in their 6th transmigration when stressed Barrow likes to pat Cale on the head, either that or he punches someone. Of course Barrow couldn't harm his beloved dongsaeng so he just decided to pat him.

"It's not a bad idea right...? I prepped myself up for this and future events." Cale said causing Barrow to shiver at the word future events.

"Is that so..." Barrow averted his gaze from Cale, slowly going into denial.

(Haha.. You know where this is going right..)

"Future events?" Tanjiro asked coming back with a man who wore a black hakama over a striped kimono.

"Oh? Who's this?" I already know his name it's Kazumi. Cale asked turning around to look at Tanjiro and Kazumi.

"Oh! This is Kazumi, I brought him here because he could help us with that." Tanjiro said being slightly discreet about the mission knowing full well he probably already exposed himself a while ago.

"I am Barrow." Barrow said greeting Kazumi releasing Cale from his embrace.

"Cale." It's always great to act trash. Cale said only saying his name waving at the man. The mans jaw was on the ground in astonishment, Cale thought he was surprised by his rudeness. Wrong he was just surprised to see such a pretty girl.

***

Now walking in the night Cale looked around his surroundings, empty village. This was definitely the spot Cale thought remembering the spot from the manga.

Looking up discreetly Cale could see Tanjiro and Barrow on each side of the roofs ready to attack, and Kazumi walking from behind.

The plan was to use Cale as bait and lure the demons over here and capture him underground instead of capturing the girl in the manga instead since he wanted it to be like manga at least a little bit.