Chapter 12 - Confrontation

"Nezuko don't engage with them and come back here!" Tanjiro had a worried expression on his face looking at Nezuko making her understand and come back.

' Somethings about to sneak up on her '

' This is when the demons attack Nezuko. ' Cale and Barrow looked on the ground right where a faint black fog could be seen.

Whoosh!

A hand came out of the ground then a demon was fully shown trying to grab Nezuko by the leg right below, luckily Nezuko jumped over it in time and made it back to Cale, Tanjiro, and Barrow safely.

Barrow sensing something was right below Tanjiro ran to him in hopes of pushing him away. Too bad the demons both made Barrow and Tanjiro sink into their underground domain leaving Cale and Nezuko behind.

"Nezuko!- Protect him and Cale-" Tanjiro says before disappearing with Barrow.

' Wow, I really should have saw that coming. ' Barrow blinked his eyes now underwater surrounded by two demons ready to attack.

While on top of the surface Nezuko get's into a ready stance prepared to attack the demon, shielding Cale and Kazumi from it.

***

"Holy... There's a bunch of girls clothing underwater here." Barrow says nonchalantly used to death.

"That means they've killed every single innocent person here.." Tanjiro grits his teether clenching his palms.

' Are we not questioning why we can talk underwater..? ' Barrow ignores the wattpad logic that was applied to this certain part.

(Hey you aren't supposed to break the 4th wall like that Barrow.)

"Hmmm? How does it feel not being able to move in here. You can't kill me at all which means I'll slice you up into pieces." One of the demons said smiling sinisterly getting ready to attack.

Tanjiro noticing what the demon had said saw they were about to attack him trying to cut their heads he missed.

' Ah- The water here is too dense for me to move- ' Tanjiro looked in front and back to see the demons ready to attack him and Barrow.

Bang!

Another demon attacked but it was blocked by Barrow's water shield.

' There's only one way to eliminate them all with the current position I'm in. ' Tanjiro looked at Barrow who was blocking the demon from attacking them.

' Now! ' Tanjiro got into ready stance and quickly turned his body.

' Full focus, Breath of Water. Sixth style: Twisting whirlpool. '

Tanjiro twisted his body and finished off the two demons but noticed the force was more stronger than he thought. Of course he did not know Barrow supported him by using his wind ancient powers.

' Hurry to the surface, this place is unbearable! '

' I want to get out of here and see Cale... ' Both older siblings thought reaching for the surface.

***

Whack!

Nezuko punched the demon causing it to cough up blood from the brute force.

' Damn who strong is this girl- she must have been given a fairly large amount of blood in order to be this strong! ' It thought dodging one of Nezuko's attacks.

Just as the demon was about to attack Nezuko the sky turned red and started rumbling of course not to the degree where people would wake up thanks to Cale.

- ' Don't worry Cale I'll make sure I won't f*ck this up! ' Cheapskate said nervously laughing remembering the time where they had almost burnt an entire forest alive.

- ' You better we don't want normal civilians who have no idea about demons to wake up. ' Super Rock said sighing remembering their shenanigans from ten thousand years ago when they were alive.

- ' I'm hungry... ' Gluttony said popping out of no where.

' I have a bad feeling about this.. ' Cale thought still reaching his hand up in the sky.

Bang! A rose gold thunderbolt appeared and hit the demons arm. Causing it to scream in agony.

"Cale- "

"Nezuko.."

Both older siblings ran up to their siblings completely ignoring the demon who had just tried to attack Nezuko and try to eat Cale.

"What.. I'm fine- cough-" Cale suddenly coughed up blood although it wasn't as much as his time when he was Cale Henituse it was considered a large amount for this world.

Of course Cale had no idea about this and looked at the demon who was now laying on the ground with a sword pointed at him by Tanjiro.

"Uh- ... Is he okay..?" Kazumi asked worried by the blood Cale coughed out.

"... Yes.. He's fine this happens.. a lot.." Barrow said giving an angry glare at Cale who was now sleeping in his arms and sighed.

"Oh... thank goodness..." Kazumi said sighing in relief, he was quite concerned for Cale because it looked like he had died to blood loss, of course that's only because of how pale Cale was.

Barrow looked over to Tanjiro who had just sliced the demons head off, it's head disintegrating.

"What's wrong?" Barrow asked tilting his head still carrying Cale looking at a sullen Tanjiro.

"I tried to ask him about Muzan's whereabouts or anything about him but I couldn't.." Tanjiro said looking down.

"I know one day you'll get Nezuko to become a human." Because you're the main protagonist Cale told me about briefly. Barrow said patting Tanjiro's head.

"How do you know-"

"Wow look at that the suns rising!" Barrow said changing the subject quickly putting Nezuko back into Tanjiro's box that he dropped a while ago when he went underwater

Seeing this scene Kazumi fell down to his knee speechless on what to say. It'd probably take some time for him to digest all of this. Tanjiro and Barrow noticing this ran to Kazumi.

"Kazumi are you alright?" Tanjiro asked kneeling down facing Kazumi. Barrow looked at the scene unfolding in front of him with boredom. 

"Satoko... I've already lost my fiance.. Do you really think everything is fine for me, what would a kid like you know?!" Kazumi said his voice getting louder and louder in anger grabbing Tanjiro by the collar.

However Tanjiro did not say anything and just put his hand on top of Kazumi's hand giving a bittersweet smile to Kazumi.

Releasing his hand from Kazumi's hand Tanjiro handed him a piece of cloth and stood up.

"We are leaving.. Take this, If only Satoko's belongings were also in there." Tanjiro said waving at Kazumi and going behind Barrow.

You are like me right? Both of you both lost someone very dear to you right? I'm sorry I didn't mean those cruel words I had said earlier.. I was just lashing out at the wrong person, I'm sorry please forgive me. 

Were words Kazumi wanted to say but the redhead trio had already left the town leaving Kazumi alone with Satoko's hairbow in his hand.

***

Woah I recently got obsessed with Honkai Star Rail and have state testing coming up soon so I forgot to update but here's a chapter