Chapter 13 - Prepare for trauma! Make it double and triple it!

"Looks like it wasn't just us who had lost a loved one.. A lot more people than I expected had been killed and tortured." Tanjiro says tightening his grip on his hand. 

Barrow mindlessly nods in agreement to whatever Tanjiro was saying, He couldn't even think straight! He needs food too alright? And the curse has been lifted off from him so he's not used to it alright? 

And Cale? He looks at these to reckless idiots (Tanjiro's the nicer one) and mentally sighs.

"CAW CAW CAW! Go now! The next location is Asakusa in Tokyo Prefecture, there are rumors that demons are there in hiding!" Matsuemon Tennouji, Tanjiro's and Barrow's crow started shouting landing on Barrow's shoulder, screaming in his ear.

(Yes that's the name of Tanjiro's crow..)

*** A day after arriving at Asakusa

"... Ah, the streets.. The lights, everything here is so bright.." Tanjiro looks like astonished being here in the main city for the first time. 

' I actually want to go home to my slacker life- '

' I want to kill someone. '

Both Cale and Barrow thought at the same time looking around with a stoic face, of course you know which thought is whos already. 

"Let's go here." might as well quicken the plot for the sake of my slacker life I'm not really interfering with the plot. Cale says pointing at a food stall that was less crowded dragging Barrow there by the hand. 

(No one tell him anything...)

Of course Barrow could have slapped his hand away but it's Cale so he didn't and let himself get dragged.

Now at the food stall Cale sits himself down on the stool from exhaustion and laziness (mostly laziness) and looks at Tanjiro ordering food, before giving a gentle smile at the food stall owner.

Barrow who was standing behind Tanjiro shivered looking back to see a stoic Cale sitting down before quickly turning his head back.

Barrow had a bad feeling. A very very bad feeling. 

His bad feeling was correct.

The moment he turned around again to check on Cale he had already disappeared into the bustling crowds.

"No way...- Cale you crazy dongsaeng!" Barrow gritted his teeth in irritation mostly because of Cale's sacrificial antics. 

He says he does it for the sake of his so called slacker life but he could have just left the plot go in the original direction?! It was a happy but bittersweet ending anyways, everyone reincarnated or their bloodline continues? So why should he have to change anything? 

Anyways to sum it all up Barrow was extremely stressed an angry at Cale's sacrificial tendencies and his urge to change the plot unknowingly to his choice.

(Would Barrow in canon novel actually get mad? No but this is where all my delusional happy family ideas come into mind and I just type it down.)

Tanjiro looked at Barrow in pity sensing Barrow was feeling many mixed emotions, mostly stressed and insanity from his past life but Tanjiro doesn;t know that does he? 

But seeing that Cale disappeared Tanjiro guessed it must be for Muzan's scent he had noticed right when Cale had gone into the crowds.

***

"...Haah.. Where is he? ... Kibitsuji Muzan.." Cale looked around passing many strangers looking at Cale weirdly. Of course Cale ignored those looks seeing it made him shiver making him remember his past as Cale Henituse, why were they all looking at him like that anyways..?

Following his senses Cale had finally reached out to Muzan expecting a glare but what's this...? Why does he look a little scared and shocked?

Slowly retracting his hand Cale stares at the black haired who's shocked face turned back stoic now staring at Cale.

"Is there something you need? Maybe you must have mistaken me for someone else?" Muzan said smiling his eye twitching, of course it doesn't go unnoticed by Cale.

"It seems you're correct sir! I apologize, please let this humble person go." Cale said exaggerating his apology quite irritated.

Noticing Muzan's eyes twitching once again Cale was about to annoy him again when he heard two familiar voices call for him.

"Cale!"

"Cale..!" Both Barrow and Tanjiro called out catching up to Cale. 

While checking Cale for any injuries even though it wasn't really possible because of vitality of the heart and his regeneration abilities were even better than before. Muzan seeing all 3 red-heads flinched specifically at Tanjiro's hanafuda earrings, his eyes wavered but Cale had noticed it.

' What a coward.. Imagine being so scared you had to wait hundreds of years to see if your enemy has died off yet. ' Cale mentally sighed looking at Muzan giving his trashy smile he spent 10 years on learning from Kim Rok Soo.

Muzan frowned but turned away not causing a ruckus in the city, of course.

That was a lie.

Muzan quickly injected blood into a civilians back neck and fled from the scene as no normal human could see it except Cale, Barrow, and Tanjiro.

***

Short chapter today. I did not get a chance to fix my horrendous sleep schedule.