Chapter 04

These assignments are so hectic, I can't tolerate this pressure but I have to

These assignments are so hectic, I can't tolerate this pressure but I have to. I continued typing on my keyboard as words appeared on the monitor. The room was filled with silence except for the sounds of me tapping my fingers on the keys. I was so much focused that I flinched when somebody rang the doorbell of my house. I stared at the wall clock and frowned after seeing the time "11 pm, who could it be?"

Making my way towards the door, I also grabbed a hockey stick. Could be anyone, I must be ready. After talking a peek through the keyhole, a sigh of relief escaped my mouth. It was nobody but Zeus. As soon as I realised who it was, I started to panic again. Why is he here at this hour? I opened the door hesitantly and smiled a little nervously "hey" He had some notebooks in his hands and a small bag. He didn't bother to greet and jumped directly to the point.

"My phone aint recharged, I forgot to do so also I haven't installed the wifi at my place yet, assignments need to be submitted tomorrow and some googling is required, if you could help me, I shall be grateful" He looked serious as he spoke, he seemed so confident as if he owned the world but I like it. I nodded and opened the door wide for him.

He opened his shoes near the entrance and walked in, looking around "Your house is so warm and nice" I thanked him "Yours will warm up too, don't worry" He hummed in response and I led him towards the drawing room. He sat on a couch and placed his books on the crystal table. "Would you like something to eat or drink?" I asked politely, he shook his head "No thankyou, I'll be quick, sorry for bothering" I smiled "It's okay, it feels nice to help people"

I had to complete my assignments too and it would be so rude to leave him alone. He is a guest. "Uhm, I was wondering if we could move to my bedroom, I was already working there on my assignments and it's more comfortable in there, if you want to.." He stared at me for a moment before grabbing his bag and books and standing up. I took that as a yes and began to lead him towards my bedroom. I am glad I cleaned it earlier.

He stepped into my room and hummed "Clean in here" I chuckled. He looked around to find some place to sit. "Oh, you may sit on the bed, I am working on the study table anyway" He nodded "Thankyou" He said politely. I smiled and sat on my chair, typing into my laptop again.

The room had been silent but not at all awkward, atleast not to me. He was working silently and so was I. We had nothing to talk about so maybe that was a reason too. It had been about an hour since he came in.

"That dude seems to like you" He said. I frowned "Who?" He looked at me and stretched, his biceps flexing and so was his chest. He was handsome, no denying in that. Man could get any girl he wanted.

"That dude with you in the hallway" I chuckled lightly "He's my bestfriend" Zeus nodded "Earlier, he pulled you into him as soon as he heard me calling you, I thought you both were dating" I licked my lips. Yeah that was rude. "I am so sorry if that seemed rude, he isn't bad, he is just protective that's all" Zeus shook his head "If I was in his place, maybe I would have done the same, he might have thought of something" He is so understanding.

"Umm did you want to say something that time?" I asked. He seemed to remember something as both of his eyebrows rose and he looked around for his black bag. He held the bag and walked towards me, keeping it on the desk and again walking back to the bed. "What is it?" I asked, he just shrugged "I think those are your clothes that flew into my yard" ah, yes it was windy earlier.

I opened the bag to check the clothes. I thought to tell him these weren't mine to see his reaction. "Umm, these aren't mine" He looked at me and frowned "You can throw these then, I only cared cuz I thought these were yours" my cheeks turned pink again. Either he knows how to flirt well or he is just dumb. "Just kidding, these are mine, thanks" He nodded "yeah, I just guessed the size was yours"

After a few more hours, we were both done with our assignments. I turned around and he stretched his arms, again flexing those biceps. "Coffee?" He shook his head "I will go back now, thanks for letting me in" I smiled "You can come here anytime" He stared at me and then stood up, grabbing his books and making his way towards the door with me following behind.

He stepped out of the house and again looked at me, I tilted my head asking him to speak "You are beautiful" and then he walked away, without letting me answer him and without even glancing back once.

I shut the door and sat on the floor. He sure knows how to make me feel butterflies in my stomach. Damn it.

Please vote <3