Chapter 2: First friend

TW: Bullying at the start

~~~~~~~~~

I was arranging my belongings peacefully in my locker when I heard footsteps coming towards me. "What's up, nerd?" Oh no... I recognized that voice. It belonged to Clay Darkwood, my bully, or also known as Dream. (It's a nickname) He is a popular guy, the captain of the american football team. He seemed cool and very attractive to everyone. To be honest I found him quite attractive as well but he is my bully so I don't get my hopes up. He is part of a rich family and that got him even more attention. But I personally found him mysterious. I don't know why but he has something to hide.

"Hey nerd. You listening" he spoke again. I slowly turned around with my head looking down. "Look at me when I talk to you" he spat out. And I, as the coward as I am, obeyed. A devilish smirk formed on his face, I started to shiver in fear at that moment. Then he pushed me onto my locker, I winced because it hurt a little. He just laughed and walked away, while saying "Don't put something this ugly, when you're already awful".

He disappeared in the crowd. I got confused at what he said but then I looked at what I was wearing.  It was my strawberry milk T-shirt I bought from the thrift store. I am colorblind but I know its color is pink, my brother told me. My cheeks redden in embarrassment as I walked towards my class.

~Time skip~

I was in history class, reading my science book because the teacher wasn't there yet. The students were chatting with each others, except for a boy at the front. He had raven hair, a quite ta ta eachnned skin and coffee brown eyes. He wore designed clothes and expensive accessories, he is rich. But if he is rich, why wasn't there no one around him.

Then the teacher came and I put away my book. Everyone got back to their seats and got silent. The teacher was carrying a few sheets of papers in her arms. "Sorry class, I'm late. The director was just talking to us" Then she held one of the papers and said "This is a permission slip your parents or guardians need to sign for Wednesday. It is permission for a field trip to a high technology laboratory."

She then started to share the papers to the students and continued to explain at the same time. "There will be a test about what you saw and what you had learn at that lab. The result would value 50% and your results will be added to the next exam". She then finished to share the permission slip and went back to her desk.

"And one more thing, you'll have to have a partner for this. The two of you will help each other understand the sophisticated technology of the lab, is that clear?" The students nodded and started to discuss about who will be their partner.

Unfortunately for me, no one wanted to pair with me. And I noticed that no one wanted to ask the rich boy from earlier either. So I decided to ask him after the period is done.

~Time skip~

The bell rang again, meaning it was lunch time. But before that I looked at the rich boy again. He was about to leave, so I put my copybook in my bag and walked towards him while putting my bag on my back. He didn't seem to notice me at all so I talked first. "Hi" I greeted. He looked at me with confused eyes. I got nervous at that but still continued talking "I-I'm G-George". He didn't respond. "D-do you have a-a partner? For the f-field trip?" Oh gosh, why am I stuttering so much.

Then he finally responded "I don't have one. And I don't need one, G-George" he mocked. I felt embarrassed, my cheek visibly turning red. Of course, he did not want to be my partner. I looked down and muttered an apology for bothering him for nothing. Then I started to walk away.

I was walking in the hallway in the direction of the cafeteria when I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned around while adjusting my glasses. I looked at the person and saw the rich boy. This time , he had an apologetic look and said "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I just thought you..." "I what?" I asked confused. He shook his head "forget it.... I can be your partner for the field trip.... If you still want me to, of course" I beamed at what he said and immediately nodded. "Yeah... I would like to have you as my partner"

He smiled and introduced himself "My name is Zak but you can call me Skeppy." I nodded and asked "Do you want to join me for lunch". Zak agreed gladly and we both walked towards the cafeteria. "I have some questions, if you don't mind." I exclaimed to Zak, who nodded. "You are one of the rich people, right?" He nodded once again. "Then why were you all alone?" I asked out of curiosity. He just sighed and started to tell me that he didn't want any friends because they were all fake, all befriending with him just for money. He had friends before but then he had learnt that they were just trying to get money out of him. And when he didn't want to give them what they wanted they started to spread rumors and to harass him. Zak then gave them the money, so they could leave him alone. "I'm sorry. It probably bores you" He said after finishing to tell me the story. I shook my head and said "It's fine. I'm sorry you had to go through that". He just nodded.

Then we arrived at the cafeteria, we walked to an empty table and sat down. Zak then suddenly asked me "And you? Don't you have friends to hang out with?". I laughed awkwardly. "I don't have friends. I never had any" I looked down. It was always sad to say that. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to him. "I can be your friend" he exclaimed, smiling gently. I was shocked, no one ever said that to me before. "R-Really? You want to be my friend? But I'm just a boring nerd." I said, I wanted him to be sure of what he wanted. He nodded and then laughed. "You aren't a boring nerd. You're cool. And yeah, we are friends now" he spoke confidently.

I had a big smile on my face, but the moment was interrupted but my stomach growling. My cheek flustered in embarrassment and Zak laughed once more. "Let's eat shall we" he said before looking into his bag for his food. I did the same but then I realized I forgot my lunch. That was until I found a biscuit box and a note on it. I took the note and read it, turns out my brother knew I would forgot my lunch so he put this biscuit box in my bag.

I smiled and took it out. "I have biscuits." I exclaimed then I looked at Zak's lunch and he said proudly "Well I have a bottle of juice, two homemade sandwiches, a burrito and an apple". I giggled and asked "But do you have a biscuit?". He looked at me confused and shook his head. Then I handed him two biscuit. "Here have some". He took them and smiled, also proposed to share his lunch.

After that we spend the whole day talking and getting to know each others. We both had a love for video games and got the same favorite color. We discovered that we had the same schedule as well, meaning that we would see each other all the time. And at the end of the day, we exchanged numbers. I was so happy, I rambled about having my first friend to Grigory during our dinner.

That's all folks. See ya in the next chap!