Chapter 22: Venom party

TW: sensory overload, fight, blood, destruction

~~~~~~~~~~~~
George's POV
The day had been long. It felt strange knowing that my brother wasn't there. With the description Luke, my brother's friend, give me, I'm sure it was Venom who did it. Some guilt appeared when I worried Clay about that. He shouldn't deal with my problems.

I already asked Minx to go the party. At first she was surprised that me, the little nerd, goes to party. But with a bit persistence, she accepted not suspecting a thing. It was hard to hide my anger though but did try my best to do the right thing.

"George, I know that thing aren't doing well but you still need to it, buddy" Karl, who was standing below me, (we are in the head quarter, and I was sitting on the ceiling), brought a bagel with him. He signaled to come down and I hesitated but still went down. Karl wrapped an arm around my shoulders and handed me the bagel. "It's gonna be okay" he said and I believed it.

"Guys the party is about to start and we still haven't moved from here." Quackity signaled putting on his jacket. "We need to go". With that we nodded and headed out with him. We had modified the plan slightly. All of us had our costume underneath our clothes just in case.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We were now at Sam's house. Ready to confront Venom. Karl was the one in disguise, meaning he was the one with the cube and was going to throw it at Minx. I had to distract Minx the best as I could.

As we walked in, the smell of sweat and alcohol filled my nose. Disgusting. This is exactly why I never go to party. Karl entered from the back door while the three of us were already inside searching for Minx.

Then I saw her. I started to approach her but a certain raven haired boy stopped me. "George, what are you doing here?" Sapnap asked in disbelief. "Uhm... I was invited and I-I wanted to have some fun?" I lied, hoping desperately that he believed it. "Wow, I never thought you would be the kind of person to go to party like this" he replied, causing to laugh rather nervously.

I peeked over his shoulder and saw that Quackity and Skeppy were talking to Minx. She didn't seem that responsive to them. Karl on his side was hiding the best as he could that way Minx won't see him. I needed to help them.

"Uhm... D-dream isn't with you?" I asked, in order to change the subject. He just sighed and told me he had something to do. "He went to his mother's laboratory. She is a scientist or something. And needed Dream's help for something" he explained, and I got confused. Doesn't his mother work at a flower shop?

Then I saw Minx walking away from the two, making her was to the crowded dance floor. The other two looked worried and I could see Karl let out a groan. Okay that's it I'm going. "Sorry Snapmap, but I've got to go. I really wanna dance." I exclaimed quickly before running off to the dance floor. "Okay.... Wait what did you call me?"

I ignored Sapnap and rushed to Minx. She was dance to the music and I 'accidentally'' bumped onto her. "Oh Hi Minx." That got her attention. She turned to me and that usual smile showed on her face. "Hey there, I was searching for you" She said and my spider sense began ringing.

"I was hoping you would hang out with me. Because I'm quite alone" I exclaimed and the confusion on her expression could be seen. "Didn't you come here with your friends? I saw them earlier." She asked, it looked like she was suspecting something to happen. "No, I didn't even know they would come here"

With that I took her hand, and lead her to a door. She didn't question anything. Then I lead outside in the back yard, there wasn't anyone really. And then an idea popped into my head. "Minx?" She hummed as I turned to her. "Since the day you've entered the school, I've felt something strange every time you're around" It was true, my spider sense always tingled around her.

"And today is the day that I wanted to ask you something?" Her cheek turned slightly into a shade of red before turning back to her serious self. "Will you....do the honor of..." Her eyes went wide as I continued. "Surrendering your symbiot to the London protectors?"

She gasped as I suddenly backed off. A cubic machine flew up in the sky, landing right next to Minx. The radiation started going Minx started to scream and a growl started to come out of her as well. Soon after the symbiot came out of her, groaning in pain.

The black liquorish substance was being absorbed by the cube.

Minx was panicking and in an attempt to stop the process, she kick the cube with her leg. Making the cube land on the other side of the yard. Oh no. Soon enough the radiation stopped. And the symbiot was back inside Minx. We failed.

My friends had joined me in the back yard. And all of the students attending the party, all out of curiosity, came to yard as well.

The symbiot wrapped itself around Minx, starting to form another body. Venom.

The students screamed and ran away. We stayed, knowing that we'd have to fight her. We began running away from the beast as well trying to find a hidden place to change our garments. We all hid somewhere in house, hearing Venom growling a loud 'I'll eat you all'

Once changed, Skeppy and I were the first one to come out. We rushed towards Venom in attempt to get her at least out of the yard. She jumped at us. We dodged as she landed right in between us. I threw webs a her face, blinding her.

She ripped the web on her face and screamed at me. The scream was quite deafening I had to cover my ears. That distracted me from the fight, enabling me of noticing her charging at me. She then managed to punch me far away from the yard.

My small body flew up in the sky. My back hit a nearby wall and I began to  fall back to the ground. I could smell the fresh blood pouring out of my body. When I opened my eyes, I could see that Golden and Rainbow had joined Diamond in the fight against Venom.

I slowly stood up and walked towards them limping. Diamond was using his usual bombs but it only seemed to irritate the beast more. Rainbow was flying up with Golden in his arms. Golden signaled Diamond to back off as he let this feather fall onto Venom in an attempt to pin Venom on the ground.

At first it worked, the feathers stabbed the symbiot. The radiation seemed to have at least weakened her. Some blood started coming out of the stabbed wounds. She screamed and growled before taking the feathers out. Throwing them back at the flying two.

Unfortunately, one of the feathers hit one of Rainbow's wings causing them to fall. I started running despise the pain I was in. I shot webs to make a net and the falling heroes landed straight in it. I exhaled as they didn't get hurt.

My gaze trailed on the symbiot. The beast was pinning Diamond down with her muscular arms, trying to destroy Diamond's armor. I could see him struggling beneath her. Without another thought I ran towards her and jumped on her. I clung on her back and screamed where her ears were supposed to be.

At the loud scream, she squealed and began hitting her back in a wall which resulted in me letting go of my grip. I fell to ground, my vision was blurry and everything I heard was a loud ringing. I couldn't think of anything anymore. I fell into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~
When I woke up, I was somewhere I didn't recognize. My eyes trailed around and I saw my goggles on a small table across the room. I felt bandages on my head as my hands automatically went to rub it.

Then a door I haven't notice opened, three figures rushed inside and immediately hugged me as they saw my woken up self. "Oh Cinnamon roll" Quackity said. "How are you feeling George?" Karl asked as he sat on edge of the bed. "Better I guess" my voice was small and could barely even be heard.

Skeppy put down a plate of food with a glass of water on the table before approaching the rest of us. He explained that Venom or Minx ran away and they couldn't follow her. But we all knew she went back to the laboratory.

I exhaled as I relaxed on the bed. Today was eventful, I hoped it would get better and Grigory would be okay.

That's all for today folks, have a nice day, bye bye.