Chapter 5: Powers

Chapter 5: Powers

Nothing to say here....
Maybe just enjoy the chap.

TW: panic attacks?? Idk but this chap is harmless.

~~~~~~~

George's POV
When I woke up, I was in my bedroom. The alarm showed 6:32 am. I was confused. The last thing I remember was being at the lab. Then a flood of memories ran back in my head. The spider , the field trip, me not feeling well. Wow! A lot happened.

I sighed and started to look around. But it wasn't as blurry as I usually see. I saw everything clearly. I searched for my glasses and found them on my night stand. I took them and put them on. I saw everything blurry again. What? It was confusing me. I took them off and saw clearly once again. I was astonished. I thought I was still dreaming, so I pinched myself. I felt the pain, I wasn't. So I could see clearly now? That's great but unfortunately I'm still colorblind.

I also surprised myself because not only I could see everything clearly but I could hear things better, a little too much. Mrs. Robinson, our neighbor, a charming grandma, passing her vacuum on her floor. Mr. Henderson, another neighbor, singing while he was taking his shower. I didn't understand what was happening.

I got up and walked out of my bedroom, heading to the living room. There, I saw my brother reading something, he heard me enter the living room and looked at me. He immediately ran to me, hugged me tight and started bombarding questions. "Oh gosh, Georgie I was so worried. How are you feeling? Where are your glasses? Did you lost them? What happened?"

I cut him off by taping lightly on his shoulder, signaling him that I couldn't breath. He pulled away, still looking at me worriedly. "I'm okay Grigory. I'm actually feeling much better now. As for my glasses, I don't think I need them anymore. I can see clearly" I explained to him. He looked skeptical and then showed me two fingers. "How fingers do you see?" He asked with a serious face. "Two" I said and his seriousness faded. "You really are feeling better".

"Grigory?" I called. He just hummed. "What happened yesterday?" I asked, he just sighed and said that the school called him because I fainted and couldn't wake up. He had carried to the apartment and called his friend Shine, who was doing medical studies, to examine me. He was relief when he said I was just sleeping but still was really worried.

"You don't have to worry anymore. I'm fine now" I exclaimed and earned a smile from him. Then we hugged again. And at that moment my stomach started to growl. My cheeks reddened in embarrassment, Grigory laughed and lead me to the chicken..

We started eating the pancakes he prepared. After some times, I released that I've been eating more than usual. I only ate 3 to 4 pancakes whenever we had some but now I ate more than 10. "Hungry much" Grigory laughed once again. I just nodded since there was still food in my mouth. He just ruffled my hair and said: "You should go get ready, it's already 7:00 am"

With that I rushed back in forth between my bedroom and the bathroom to get ready. Once done, I walked to the living room again, placed a goodbye (platonic) kiss on Grigory's cheek and walked out of the apartment.

As I was walking towards the school, I felt something telling to duck. I was confused by that and ignored it. But it told me duck again and this time I did. Then a baseball ball passed above me. Did I just... Did I just dodged it? I thought as I slowly got up, watching the ball rolling on the road.

Then a child ran pass me, heading carelessly towards the ball. The child was in the middle of the road and managed to catch the ball. But A truck came by and couldn't stop in time. It was about to hit the child. I instinctively ran to the child and got in front of him. I stretched my arm and showed a sign (with my hand) to the driver, hoping it would magically stop the truck. Gosh, I was being dumb.

The truck didn't stop and was a few centimeters away from us. I closed my eyes tightly and prayed silently. I waited but the truck never came. Instead of feeling crushed by the truck, I felt like I was holding onto something. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a pure shocking view.

I was holding the truck in the air with only one hand. I heard gasps and felt shocked looks on me. So I put the truck down and I started to run towards school.

At school

I was at school, still in pure shock. I walked towards my locker. Too distracted to see my surroundings, I didn't see a girl coming straight onto and I ended up touching her hair. And something weird happened, the hair stuck onto my hand, as if they were glued there.

"HEY, YOU B!TCH, LET MY HAIR GO" she shouted and I panicked. "I-I'm so-sorry. I will" I said but I couldn't feel the hair going off my hand. I tried to pull my hand but the girl winced and I stopped. "LET MY F^CKING HAIR GO, YOU SICK F^CK" She yelled again, as she pulled her hair, her friends started to pull as well.

Then I pulled hard and  fell on the floor. I looked at the girl. Her head was missing a huge part of her hair, showing a bald spot. She looked pissed but then ran to someone. I calmed down slightly and felt the hair get unstuck and fall on the ground.

I got up and looked at the girls again. It was like she was complaining to someone. And even from afar I could hear their conversation. "Babe, look at what that nerd have done to my hair" she whined and her boyfriend? i guess? replied with "Don't worry I'm going to make him look so bad, his mom would regret giving birth him" With that I got scared and recognized the male's voice, it was the troublemaker. What a luck I have.

Before he got closer to me, I started to run. I could hear the troublemaker's footsteps behind me. I didn't know how far I've ran but I came across the library. Once in the library, I walked to a corner of the library. There was nobody so I calmed down slightly. But then someone entered the library, it was the troublemaker.

I began to panic again. My breathing started getting faster. Then I saw him approach, he was definitely going towards me. I closed my eyes, hoping for the best. I opened my eyes, now feeling his presence in front of me. And he was.

I started to shake in fear, he was looking right at me. Then someone else entered the library, the school librarian. "Hey, aren't you supposed to be in class" she said. "Of course ma'am, I was just looking for someone" the troublemaker replied  "Oh and did you find them?" she asked him and he shook his head, no. What did he mean no? "Okay then. Just go to class, you'll find them later" with that said, he left the library.

I stood up and walked towards the librarian. "Excuse me, madam?" I exclaimed. But instead of turning to me and scolding me for being in the library without permission, she paled and froze. "Madam?" I said but then she began freaking out. "Who-who is there?" She asked and I got confused. "Madam, don't you see me. I'm just next to you" and with that she screamed and ran out of the library.

I was puzzled. The troublemaker did not see, neither the librarian. Then I looked at my hands, they looked transparent?! I coukd see through them. But do that mean my whole body is also transparent? Probably. But if I see myself as transparent and the others do not, then wouldn't that mean I can get invisible. I was shocked. Then my hands turned back to normal again and I exhaled in relief. But I was still drowning in confusion.

What us going on today?

That's all for today. See ya in the next chap!