Chapter 9: Happy birthdeath like situation ~part 1~

Hey folks I'm so sorry I couldn't post sooner but I had final exam to do last week so here it is.

TW: fighting, slight blood
Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
George's POV
After all the incident from yesterday, I felt proud of myself. I saved people within the help of other heroes.

When I got home, I told Grigory the incident with the villain , of course without me being a superhero. He almost forbid me to get out of the apartment again. But he knew I would still go out with or without his permission.

So now I was working in the smoothy bar. My shift just started and I already had a 'karen lady' as a customer. I was pouring her banana smoothy into a cup while she complained about how slow I was. "Can't you make it faster?" She demanded while looking at her phone. "Yes ma'am" I replied as I offered her the smoothy. She snatched it from my hand and slapped the money on the counter before leaving. I sighed and put the money in the cash machine.

Then I heard the door bell ring, another customer has arrived. "welcome to Joanne's smoothies. What can I do for you?" I said while turning to them. My eyes widened as I saw Skeppy standing there with Darryl, while holding each others hand. His eyes widened as well when he saw me but Darryl didn't seem to notice. "Hey Bad. Why don't you go sit down while I order our drinks?" He laughed awkwardly to his partner. Darryl nodded before letting go his hand and went to a table.

Skeppy then came up to me and said "Hey there George". I greeted him back, slightly confused on why was he there with Darryl. Before I could say anything he interrupted me " George, I know Darryl is one of that Clay jerk's friend but still.... I love him and... It's a date..... And yeah, I'm not straight and all hehe...." He looked down as if he was somewhat embarrassed of the situation.

I smiled and replies "You know it's fine, Skeppy. You can love whoever you want, I won't judge. It's you choice and I respect it." His expression changed from a scared and embarrassed to happy and thankful yet surprised one. "thank you so much, George. No one really support with my choices." I felt slightly sad for my friend. No one supports him? What about his family? I figured it wasn't the right time to ask that.

"What will be your drink for today, mate?" I exclaimed, changing the topic. His grin spread and he ordered for a blueberry smoothy and a strawberry one. I nodded and started to take the ingredients. Then he went back to Darryl, starting to talk about who knows what.

Once I finished the beverages, I walked up to Skeppy and Darryl. When I got closer, I could hear them giggling and making sweet eyes at each other. I slightly felt like a third wheel but still thought they were cute.

"Here are your smoothies, enjoy!" I exclaimed while putting the drinks on the table. "A strawberry smoothy and a blueberry one" Darryl gasped slightly as he took the blueberry smoothy. "Aww you remembered my favorite flavor" he cooed while Skeppy just blushed madly as he took a sip from the strawberry flavored smoothy.

I was about to walk away but when I turned around I was met with someone's chest. I started to apologize to the person and then looked at them. They were tall and were wearing a green face mask on. Their eyes were mesmerising with a beautiful green? Yellow? Color. They seemed really familiar to me than I realized it was Clay.

I internally panicked as I realized I was starring. I blushed and began to run back to the counter. Surprisingly, he didn't do anything. So I was relieved.

Then I saw him talk to Skeppy and Darryl before heading out of the smoothy bar. The coupled stood up and followed him. But before walking out, Skeppy turned to me, gave me the money for the drinks and left me a tip. "thank you" I replied with a smile as I took the money.