CHAPTER 5

Adam

Rain is now 3 months pregnant. His morning sickness had gotten worse , the doctor said it's normal for omegas especially males but I'm a little too worried. He cannot eat anything else except vegetables and due to that I too have stopped eating meat . What if the smell makes him sick? . Everytime we go to get his checkup I can't help but feel happy looking at the four pups in his tummy .

I usually stay awake till 2pm because now Rain's cramps in his calves have gotten more worse , he wakes up screaming at midnight saying his legs are in pain. I have tired the methods doctor recommend to soothe his pain but it doesn't get any less .

I walked out of my bedroom, pinching the temple of my nose . I opened the freezer and took out my bottle of water . I was drinking the water when I heard sobs from Rain's room . I put the bottle back in the freezer and went to take a look . I opened his door quietly and turned on the light .

He turned around shocked. His cheeks were soaked with tears , nose red and runny . He sniffle and wiped his tears .

I walked over to him and took a seat .

" Is it your leg ?" I asked caressing his calves from underneath the comforter.

" No . I'm fine" he said his voice quivering

I moved closer to him and wiped the corner of his eyes .

" Then what's this ?" I asked . He looked at me for a second and then started crying again . I pulled him into a hug . I suppose this is what they called mood swings.

//////

" You okay " I asked . Rain nodded his head . He was sitting on my lap , his arms around my neck and legs around my waist .

" I'm sorry " he said sniffling

" Why ?"

" I woke you up "

" Well I was technically awake already "

" Adam .."

" Yes ?"

" What if my children grow up and start to hate me ?"

" No they won't "

" How do you know ?"

" Because you'll be thier mother . And you would never raise a child who could hate anyone "

" But what of they do ? What if they blame me for leaving Arden and taking away their father ? What if they say that I wasn't I good mother ? What if they say that they wish I never gave birth to them? Wh-" I sealed his lips with mine .

The kiss continued for a few seconds and I pulled away .

"Rain you are going to be the best mother . And your children will be proud of you. I'm proud of you. You're a strong person and you're going to be a strong mother as well . Nobody can be perfect in raising kids at first but they learn. And I'm here with you Rain, if you make a mistake I'll correct you. You don't have to carry all these harsh feelings all by yourself, share them with me . Together we will improve little by little" Rain's eyes filled with tears. I panicked." Did I say something wrong ? " I asked .

" I dirtied your shirt " he said

I looked over at my shirt it was wet .

" It's okay Rain " I wiped his tears and kissed his eyes which by now must be in pain. " Now go to sleep you need rest " I said .

Rain got off my lap and layed down . I tucked him in his comforter and turned around to leave as I was about to turn off the light when Rain called for me .