Chapter 10

Adam

I walked towards my cabin and was stopped by Emil. He was holding the couriers .

" Good morning Emil. Anything for me ?" I said greeting him .

" Just a letter " he said bringing out a envelope. Letter ?

" Thanks " I said while entering my cabin . It was still 6.30am so I had half an hour left before I started checking the patients. I placed the letter on the hospital bed behind me and sat on my chair . I looked at the dressing room scripts and checked if I had enough sick sheets for the day.

Now that I was done checking everything I leaned back and closed my eyes . The memories of last night flashing back to me . After Rain woke up he avoided my eyes and whenever I got close to him he would blush real hard . But at the back of my mind the fear that maybe I was pressuring him was still present.

"You'll need to get a injection and nebulizers. And for your cough I have prescribed a strong cough mixture. " I said to the young lady who sat opposite to my table .

" Thank you " she said taking the prescriptions from my hand and exiting my cabin . I look at the wall clock it was already 7pm . My shift had ended. I stood up and packed my bag . Just then the door opened revealing the next shift doctor . Dr. James .

" Hey " he greeted me as he unpacked his stuff .

" Night shift huh ? Must be tough on you " I said packing the letter I received.

" Yup . Anyways we are having this party at Tasha's house tomorrow wanna join ?" I shook my head .

" I don't wanna leave my wife and kids alone at home " a small laugh escaped James lips.

" Don't you think you're extra clingy to them ?" He asked .

" Why ?"

" Well you never want to leave them and you keep on talking about how cute they are and stuff "

" Is it bad?" I asked feeling sad .

" ...I don't know . Maybe . I mean your wife also might be getting suck of you staying with him and always clinging on him "

" ......"

" Anyways again that was my assumption. Now go on I'm about to start calling the next patient in"

I walked out the cabin and headed towards the parking lot . I knew I was the family type of guy because that's how my father was but was Rain the type of guy who like man like me ? .

I unlocked my car and took seat . After pulling out from the parking lot I was greeted with a hell lot of traffic. I guessed there might have been some sort of landslide or something. I pulled out my phone and saw 30 missed calls from Rain . I dialed his number . After a few rings he finally picked up.

"Rain ? I saw your missed calls is everything okay ?" I asked .

" I have a guest. She claims that she knows you...can you please talk to her ?" He asked , his voice clearly sad .

" Yeah pass the phone to her " I said . I was curious as to who was it that came at my house . After a moment of silence a voice spoke .

" Adam ?" It was her . The reason I left the previous pack. My ex girlfriend Kano.

" Kano? What are you doing at my house ?" I asked in irritation .

" Adam ...I'm sorry for what happened. I just want to talk to you . Please " I sighed and leaned back on my car seat.

" Fine . I'll be home in about 30 minutes " after hearing that she cut the call . I could feel my head throb and the memories of the past flooded into my head .

Kano and I grew up with my grandparents and pretty much I was the first to develop feelings for her . She had such innocent features, one that made my heart melt . After her secondary gender was revealed she was shocked and scared . It was then I decided that I would protect her at all costs .

By the time I started my medical school we both had confessed our feelings. We moved out of my grandparents apartment and moved into a small apartment in another pack . Our neighbors adored Kano. But one neighbor in particular adored her way too much . Just beside our apartment was another flat where Emmett, a alpha , lived alone .

Emmett had lost his parents at a young age . He was a year younger then Kano and I so naturally we doted on him . We used to include him in our every function and randomly call him over to stay the night or have lunch or dinner with us . Two years passed and I was about to graduate my med school.

That night I had prepared a surprise for Kano. She had always told me how badly she wanted to marry me so that night I had finally decided to propose her with a ring on which I spent nearly half of my savings .

As I walked into my apartment I saw Emmett's shoes at the entrance. Not thinking too much into it I walked into my apartment with a bouquet of flowers in my hand . My nose caught the smell of pheromones but it wasn't just one person's. It was two's. Both mixed with each other . My heart dropped to my stomach . Thinking of the worst possibilities..

" Angh Emmett ~" I heard Kano's voice from inside our room . I stopped at the door . Not having the courage to go inside I knocked on the door . The moans stopped and I heard clothes shuffling. By this time the bouquet I held in my hand had fallen on the floor .

The door was opened by Kano. Her hair a mess , her lips red and swollen. She looked down at her feet as Emmett emerged from behind her , shirtless. He had small red hickey's on his neck .

" Kano?" I asked .

" I'm sorry . I just can't do it anymore. You were not the guy I really wanted to be with . You always stick close to me and never stop pestering me about stuff '

" But I love you " I said my voice breaking.

" And I don't . He is way better than you Adam . A hundred times better than you "

I opened the door of my apartment. As I walked in I heard Rain's voice and a familiar one too . Upon entering the living room I saw Rain seated on the couch with a cup in his hand and on the other side was Kano. As soon as she saw me she stood up and rushed towards me .

" Stop " I pushed her by the shoulder. She looked dejected. " Rain do you mind coming in with me for a second ?" I asked looking at Rain. He placed the cup he was holding on the coffee table and stood up . " Excuse me Kano " I said as I followed him to my room .