chapter 8

Rain

I got up . I glanced to the digital clock on my nightstand it read 4:30am . Out of nowhere I got the urge to eat burgers. I got up and put on my jacket and muffler. I slipped on my slippers and went to Adam's room . He was fast asleep with his lamp on and a book on his chest .

Looks like he was reading

"Adam" I whispered lightly shaking him . He mumbled and tightly shut his eyes . I shook him harder and he sprinted forward.

" Is the baby coming !?" He shouted, looking all fresh .

" No . I need to burgers ..now" I said . I guess it's normal for him to react like that since it's my eighth month . We haven't really started shopping for the kids since we're not sure about the genders but we have filled the extra room in our home with 2 cradles , toys and have painted it white with cartoon characters on it .

" Oh " he rubbed his eyes and got out of bed . "I'll get the car keys and my wallet" he said .

" Oh I'll pay" I said . Nowadays it felt like I was spending his money forgetting that I have my own . He pays the bills , pays the rents , brings groceries, takes me shopping and takes me for lunch dinners and sometimes we go to hotels for a change of environment.

" Nah it's fine" he said yawning. I felt a bit guilty because i was the reason he hadn't been getting any sleep. I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my lower half . I sat on the bed and groaned on pain which caught Adams attention. He rushed to my side ." Is it hurting badly ?" I nodded . He caressed my belly and placed soft kisses on my neck.

" Mm" I sighed as the pain subsided. Adam pushed his wallet in this pocket together with his car keys and lifted me in bridal style. I put my arms around his neck . "I'm sorry I keep on troubling you" I said as I opened the door of our house and locked it behind .

"Rain . Stop apologizing for everything. Besides I'm happy to be the one by your side " he put me inside the car on the back seat . He rushed to the driver's side and started the car driving off to the nearest restaurant.

I felt my undergarments soak and as I looked down and felt, realization hit me . My water broke and the whole seat was getting wet .

" Adam " I called trying not to shout . He hummed in reply not looking back .

" Adam" I called again . He turned around as we stopped at a red light . He eyes widened as he caught a glimpse of my face .

Adam

" Rain .."

"Argh FUCK Adam hospital!" Rain shouted. Despite the red light I sped up and rushed towards the hospital.

"Adam !!! Argh Adam it hurts !" He yelled sobbing the smell of his blood hit my nose . Never in my life I had been scared like this . I drove at full speed and as soon as we reached the hospital I rushed towards the back seat and picked Rain up in bridal style carrying him to the wheelchair.

" Someone! My ... My wife is in labour!" I called for help like a madman my hands were covered in his red blood. I could feel my world spin and sweat run down my forehead. Two nurse's took Rain and I rushed behind them.

I paced outside the labour room . Rains screams echoed through the hospital. I could feel my tears drip down my cheeks. A man who looked in his forties touched my shoulder.

" Come sit . I'm sure your wife is okay " he assured me . I took a seat beside him but I couldn't contain my nervousness and fear .

" Adammmm!!!!!!" Rain screamed from inside the labour room . I quickly stood up and went to the door .