Chapter 3

Us stared at the stuffed toy with utmost adoration. How did the weirdest date turned into such a cute one? Certainly they started on a wrong note, but leaving the fancy place and changing their date into more relaxed one was really the way to go. They soon found out that anime was not the only element they could bond over. They talked about k-dramas, dance, music, their favourite activities, and their friends. At the end of the evening, Ta was not ready to part ways, and managed to grab a stuffed toy out of a claw machine for Us to take home. Us couldn't decide what it was, a strange blend of squirrel and a unicorn, but he still liked it, and even gave Ta a kiss on the cheek as an appreciation. At home, he couldn't stop looking at it. It was so cute, and he was excited to see Ta in two days time for a second date.

Biu Biu 22:43

Sooo how did it go?

Us frowned when a text notification disturbed his daydreaming and he quickly dialled Build's number. "I'm gonna hit you next time we meet."

"Come on, your fiancé wouldn't be happy that you're a violent person." Build chuckled.

"He's not my fiancé. Why on Earth didn't you tell me that he thought this was a marriage meeting?"

"Well, would you agree to it if I told you?"

"Hell no!"

"Then you left me no choice." Build snorted. "Come on, is it really that bad though? You've been whining for ages that you want stable relationship; isn't marriage just that? Besides, once you put a ring on it, there's a guarantee he won't cheat on you with your best friend, like last time."

Us could taste a bitterness in his mouth at that memory. "That's a low blow you jerk. I didn't realise me being upset was such a burden on you. Go call someone else, I don't want to bother you."

"No wait, tell me how the date went!"

But Us already hung up, grouchily squeezing the plush toy. Build tried calling again, but he let it go to voicemail each time, ignoring even the text he received, until one of them turned out to be from Ta.

Nakun_Ta 23:05

Are you sleeping? I had a great time today.

Ussss 23:06

Me too. Thank you for the plushie, it's really cute. I know our date didn't start in the best way, but I'm glad we moved past it.

Nakun_Ta 23:07

Me too. I can't wait to see you again. Sorry I freaked you out by that wedding talk.

Ussss 23:08

It's alright, really. But do you mean it? Do you really want to get married?

Nakun_Ta 23:09

Yeah. I don't want to just casually date; I want something solid. I want someone to take care off, someone who will take care of me in return. Someone nice and kind, who has mind of their own and isn't afraid to enjoy life.

Ussss 23:10

To be honest that sounds like what I want too. I just never thought about actual marriage aspect instead of just dating. What about kids?

Nakun_Ta 23:11

Oh I don't want those. You?

Ussss 23:12