Chapter 7

"Come on, don't be grumpy. He invited you, doesn't that mean you're forgiven?" Bible shook his boyfriend's body from side to side. It was three hours since he delivered their invitations to Ta's and Us's engagement party, there hours of Build pouting and huffing and stomping around their apartment. "Clearly not, if he couldn't even be bothered delivering the invitation himself." Build puffed as he shoveled more ice cream into his mouth. "You know he's not picking up my calls, right? Which means he just wants to rub this in my face."

"Biu. Angel. Love of my life." Bible sighed with a pitiful smile. "You know I love you and I would do anything for you, right? And because I love you I will always help you with things, and tell you when you're wrong in the sweetest, nicest, most loving way. I want you to listen to me." He gently placed the ice cream onto the kitchen counter, grabbing Build's cheeks firmly.

"Us is your friend, and you hurt him. Big time. I know sometimes you speak without thinking, and I know you mean well, but you were a colossal dick to him, and you owe him an apology in person. Not through a call. So pick out some cool outfit, because tomorrow we're going to celebrate our friend's engagement, you're gonna make up with your bestie, no buts." "But-" "No."

"Did you expect that?"

"Nope."

"Me neither."

"Well, at least they made up."

"Yep. Oh man, I'm so glad we took photos already."

Bible, and everyone else at the party, watched in disbelief as Us and Build crouched on the floor, hugging and crying, with pie and cream smushed all over their hands and faces. Build came with a pie offering, sheepishly apologising to Us who was already a little tipsy and running high on excitement from his engagement. With the biggest grin, Us smashed the pie into Build's face, but hugged him right after and getting the cake and cream on himself as well. They hugged, cried, but they were back to being best friends at the end of the day and happily danced hand in hand, ignoring their boyfriends until it was time to go home.

After Us's whiny request for Build to be his best man, Ta had to dissolve the party and bring his quite drunk fiancé back to his place, dodging all the messy grabs and kisses he could handle, until Us let out a choked up sound and it was a sprint to the bathroom. Ta knelt beside him, lovingly wiping away the spit and vomit off of Us's chin until there was nothing more to throw up. He even brushed the teeth for him while Us wobbled on his legs.

"Hehe, you know..." Us hiccuped as they finally left the bathroom and he used Ta's torso for support. "I'm so fucking lucky." "Oh? And why is that?" Ta helped Us through his house until they reached his bedroom and the older dropped his butt onto Ta's bed. "Well, 'cause I have you now. You're like...so cool." Us grinned. "You got your own company, and you can shoot, and your body is so sexy. If I was single I would definitely try to hit on you. I even had a sex dream about you the other day. It was so awesome." He blabbed while Ta knelt beside him, trying to wipe any remnants of pie from his fiancé's hands . He appreciated Us's drunken candour quite a bit.

"Hey Ta..." Us sleepily blinked at the young man who placed some water onto the nightstand. "You're not sleeping next to me?" He patted the bed. Ta couldn't resist his drunken pout, the way Us rolled his lip and looked at him all sweet and vulnerable. In the end Ta laid beside him, one strong arm wrapped around Us's slim waist. "I can't wait to marry you..." Us huffed again, giving Ta one very smushed kiss on the cheek. "I've always wanted something stable...I want to be with someone who can take care of me, so I could take care of him back. I want to...make you lunch...and massage your shoulders after hard day at work...and kiss you good morning and good night...and take care of you when you're sick...I just...want to...mmm..."

"What the hell happened to you?" Bible was just in disbelief

"What the hell happened to you?" Bible was just in disbelief. Sure his boss was a bit younger than him and sometimes acted upon it, but in the past couple of days, Ta seemed to be a straight up baby. He huffed and whined and grinned like an idiot, explaining to everyone that he's getting married in ten days. He told all his employees, down to the last janitor and the lady who came to fix their coffee maker, showing off like a child with a medal. He pouted if Us didn't reply to his message, he got all bubbly when Us sent him some cute picture, and he counted on his fingers how many days until the wedding.

"I just can't wait to marry my fiancé." Ta replied with the sentence he would not stop repeating. "Yeah, we know. Everyone knows. It's annoying. Focus, alright?" Bible threw a rolled up wad of paper at his boss's head, frowning. "You're blinded by love. This project needs to be finished before your dumb wedding, so focus, and review the documents I sent you. Three hours ago." Annoyed by the command, Ta rolled his eyes; another gesture that Bible found childish. "Fine. And don't call my wedding dumb. It's gonna be very nice. Speaking of which...will you be my best man?"

Bible looked up from his computer. "What?" "My best man. For the wedding. Your boyfriend is gonna be Us's best man, I was thinking you could be mine?" Ta grinned widely. Bible looked around their office even though he knew no one else as there at this time in the afternoon. "I'm sorry but...no."