Chapter 10

Ta ignored the pins and needles in his arm that has fallen asleep for over an hour now. He ignored his hangover headache and the bitter taste in his mouth, not to mention his stomach raging with hunger. He just couldn't bring himself to wake up Us who slept on his bicep, snuggled closer, with cheek smushed against Ta's skin and his hair fluffy and spread around his head like a fuzzy halo.

'Husband. He's my husband. We're married.'

Those words echoed through his mind as he intensely stared at the sleeping person by his side, his finger gently pushing a strand of hair off Us's forehead. Ta let his finger travel down, stroking the brow, fluffing up his long lashes, tracing the nose, until it slowly moved to touch Us's lips. As soon as he gently pressed onto the pillowy tissue, Us chomped down onto Ta's finger and playfully growled. "Just because you're my husband now doesn't mean you can molest me in my sleep." Us joked, earning himself a pinch on the cheek.

"Morning hubby..." Ta smiled, hugging Us to his body tighter. "Good morning." Us chuckled. "How are you feeling? Hungover?" He slowly sat up. His hangover was very minimal as he didn't drink as much as Ta, but even he couldn't deny he wasn't feeling the best.

"I'll make us some breakfast, okay?" He left for the kitchen after a brief kiss on Ta's forehead, and left his new husband alone, groaning into the pillow he slept on. "He's so damn cute..." Ta whined, finally waking up enough to take a shower and join Us in the kitchen. "Veggie soup?" He sniffed his bowl that emitted a very pleasant warm smell. "Yeah, it was the quickest I could do, and I really didn't want any eggs."

"Thanks honey." "Uhm..." Us felt his cheeks flush. Ta was still very careful when it came to nicknames and other intimate behaviour, but just by calling Us 'honey', it threw the man off guard a little. "Oh, by the way, Build sent me this." Us took his phone and turned it to his husband so he could also read the message. It was a voucher coupon for a spa for two people. "Wait, but that says at 1pm today!?" "Yeah." Us nodded. "I guess he figured we would be hungover and need some pampering. Should we go?" "Mmm, it sounds kinda nice actually." Ta nodded, taking a first spoonful of soup. He let out a satisfied hum as the warm food spread calm through his body and helped cure his hangover rather quickly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Us raised an eyebrow. He noticed Ta's intense stare the second they left the spa. "Did they leave some cream on my face?" He patted his cheeks, but couldn't feel anything, and Ta shook his head. "No, sorry, just..I can't believe I married you."

"Ha?" Us stepped on the brakes of Ta's expensive car, knocking the wind out of his husband's lungs at the impact. "Are you having regrets already?!" "What? No!" Ta quickly choked out. "I didn't mean it like that! I meant, I'm just feeling incredibly lucky, that's all! I can't believe you agreed to marry me. You're an amazing person, Us."

Embarrassed by the compliment, Us continued driving, but his cheeks cramped the whole way home as he couldn't stop smiling and looking at the ring on his finger. "-so maybe we could- oh? What's going on?" Ta nearly jumped out of his skin as he entered their house and was immediately met with two familiar men standing in the hallway. Build and Bible looked at them with a big grin and quickly ambushed the newlyweds with two suitcases and rushed them back outside.

"You're going on your honeymoon." Build grinned as he crammed his friend onto the back seat and sat behind the wheel. Bible nodded. "Don't worry about a thing, we fixed everything up for you; the flights, the hotel, your luggage, and some activities once you get to...there." "What the hell?" Ta sighed, slumped over the back seat. "It's a destination you both wanted to visit-" "Well that narrows it down." Us grumbled. Both he and Ta said they want to travel the whole world someday; how was this helpful? It also wasn't helpful that their friends kept them blindfolded until they entered the plane, preventing either of them to read the gate sign.