CHAPTER 5

Something was slowly advancing its way towards my face, like a snake advancing towards its prey

Something was slowly advancing its way towards my face, like a snake advancing towards its prey. In my dozy state, all I felt was the chilly edge of whatever it was that was inching closer to my face "Is this how you're going to kill me, Azelia?"

At the sound of someone's voice I leisurely opened my eyes, by now I had lost whatever remaining energy I had. I opened my eyes fully, only to see the pointed edge of a knife right above it. My heart lurched at the contiguity between the knife and my eyes.

I closed my eyes again as fear ripped my exhausted body into half "Open your eyes, Azelia."

His voice was soft, softer than I've ever heard and his scent was obscurely addicting. Opening my eyes slowly, I stared deeply into his distinct coloured eyes.

Despite the exhaustion in my bones and the diversion in my surrounding-I missed my mom and I missed my dad. I missed everything he made me leave behind "Get up, love."

"Get out." With that said I closed my eyes again. I didn't have the spirit in me to fight against him- I just wanted to sleep some more because everything, especially my neck was in gruesome agony.

Muscular hands gripped my elbow and I was heaved up into sitting position. A scowl made its way up to my face- I wanted to fucking sleep. In spite of being tremendously vexed, I didn't say anything. I just stared at him, I stared at him long enough for his lips to crack into a smug smirk.

The smug smirk on his face streched further into a wicked smile as he perceived my miserable state. I looked pathetic and pitiable, nothing like the indestructible girl I was grown up to be. Raising his hand he revealed a familiar looking dagger. My eyes widened- it was my dagger.

I instantly lunged for it, but he was quick enough to back up with a light laugh which made me more exasperated, but I was desperate to hold that dagger- It was mine "How about you have this and then try again."

Immediately my gaze landed on the bowl brimmed with some bilious looking soup. Although its appearance triggered my nausea, but the loud rumbling of my stomach made me want to shove it down my throat in one go.

All of a sudden, I was reminded of The Shadow Zone, various questions plagued my brain. 'Do they miss me?' 'Are they sad?' 'Did they eat?'

I'm sure my family misses me despite neglecting me like a futile kernel in their life.

Two large hands cupped my face and tilted it, so that I was staring directly into his captivating eyes. His orbs were rather dark- way too dark, a fascinating combination of serene midnight getting devoured by roaring and scalding inferno that seemed everlasting.

Breaking free from his tender hold, I slid the the hot bowl of soup on my lap and began eating leisurely, like a slug.

The soup was a blend of the more golden of the root vegetables, it was satisfying in its thickness and required eating more than drinking. It was the everything soup. The soup that took any and every vegetable that needed eating and made something wonderful of it.