CHAPTER 6

My scream was primal with raw intensity

My scream was primal with raw intensity. The coiled hands around my waist yanked me closer to a toned chest, while my screams remained alive and constant. Heaving me up, he moved backwards while I kicked my feets in the air and screamed in protest like a bratty toddler.

Moving backwards in darkness, he sat on something that seemed like a couch with me in between his legs and my back pressed firmly against his hard chest.

Suddenly, the lights were switched on halting my screams abruptly. My eyes widened and my wails long forgotten, as I basked into the view infront of me– it was the garden.

The beautiful garden and the back of the mansion of The Backbone Zone.

It was inexplicably beautiful and radiant. The contrasting flowers planted in it made it look more pleasing to the eye. It was neat– very neat, as if it has been nurtured with proper care and gentle hearts.

“Do you like it, love?” A raspy voice echoed beside my head and a chin was placed on my shoulder. I nodded enthusiastically– I loved it.

I love nature.

“I lov–”

My voice stilled and so did everything around me, as I discerned the close proximity amidst us, the wheels in my head began turning and without further ado I opened my mouth to scream– again.

“The walls are soundproof, darling.” My nearing scream stilled and I silently closed my mouth with a swift nod and looked down at his exposed arms “Let me go.”

I spoke with my jaw clenched and my eyes focused on his veiny arms. Upon hearing my words he chuckled and closed the distance between his lips and my neck, kissing the mark on it tenderly.

Fuck you, Commander.

With that said, I jeered my nails in his arms like a feline and looked at him with a menacing smile. He smiled back with levity illuminating his beautiful eyes. Something wet trickled down my fingers– his blood.

My smile widened, but so did his. The sight of an amused smile on his face made my smile vanish. So, without contemplating anything, I scratched his arm harder than I intended to.

Crap.

He was still smiling.

Blood began oozing out of the scratch I made and a shriek left my mouth before I could withdraw my hands in regret– my mark started burning. Again. I cupped my mark, as moisture began to form beneath my eyes.

Another shriek left my mouth, as agony tore my neck into half. My heart was pounding–again. I looked at him with tears trickling down eyes, only to see visible lust swimming underneath his dissimilar orbs– no.

Fucking no.

No no no no no no no.

His hold on me tightened and he turned me around. I was straddling him now. Another cry departed my lungs– No, I didn't want this.