chapter 11

#Assalamualaikum everyone, meet Nawfal Al-fateh! ! I hope you like him as much as I do!!!

*******

Nawfal sat on his favourite seat at the balcony in his chambers and thought of what he had discussed with Murad. Perhaps he is right. I am not getting any younger and it is not as though he has suggested that I do something evil. Looks like it is time I spoke to ammati.

Nawfal stood up and adjusted his thobe before wearing his sandals. Combing his fingers through his hair, he left his room in search of his aunt. He came across one of her maids, who told him that she was in her quarters.

As Nawfal reached her door, he heard beautiful recitation of Suratul Mulk. Even at that age, his aunt Aliyah had a powerful voice while reciting the Qur'an and one felt it in the depths of his soul. Where you not to understand it's meaning, you would still surely know that it was something of utmost importance that she was reciting.

Nawfal listened as she recited the Surah which spoke of Allah Ta'alah's dominion . He pondered over the second verse she was reciting. " He created death and life, that He may test you, which of you is best indeed. And indeed He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving."

Allahu Akbar, indeed Allah is Great, it was as though the verse was directed at Nawfal. He was more than sure now that he was doing the right thing by talking to his aunt. After all his life was not in his hands and his Creator could take him back at any time.

Nawfal waited and listened patiently and diligently till his aunt had completed the recitation. He then knocked on the door softly and waited for her response. He heard a soft "come in" from the other side of the door and went in.

"Assalamualaikum ya ammati, it is I Nawfal."

"Oh my child, come, come, I am delighted to see you!" she beamed,hugging her dear Nawfal affectionately.

Nawfal returned the hug and kissed her forehead and then helped her to take a seat before taking his on the floor near her. He took her hands in his and placed gentle kisses on both. He loved his aunt immensely for she was his mother and father and his strength too.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit my child? I hope you are alright. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes ammati, I am fine Alhamdullilah. And I slept well too. I hope you did too."

" Yes habibi I did. Now tell me, what brings you here? You have that look on your face that says you have something important to discuss. Come on, out with it!"

Nawfal smiled affectionately. She knows me so well. May Allah bless her beautiful self ,ameen.

" You just know me too well ammati, I hope my wife would not become jealous of you!"teased Nawfal. He watched as her expression changed to one of surprise and confusion.

"Wife habibi? what do you mean wife? As far as I know, you have no wife.Ya Allah Nawfal! Did you marry in secret?!!!"

" Ya Allah!! Secret marriage! No ya ammati no!" Laughed Nawfal heartily. "However our discussion is somewhat along those particular lines....." he trailed off.

"Alhamdullilah there is no secret wife" she sighed. Her nose crinkled in confusion before realisation dawned on her and her face lit up beautifully.

" Along those lines? Ya Rabb, habibi Nawfal do you mean you are ready to get married?!!"

He squeezed her hands reassuringly before nodding his head.

"Oh my child, Alhamdullilah! Alhamdullilah Alhamdullilah! !" She cried. "This is wonderful news. Mabrook ya Nawfal,May Allah reward you immensely. Oh I am filled with so much joy I cannot begin to explain!! Alhamdullahi Rabbil 'Alameen, All praise is due to Allah the Lord of all the worlds.