chapter 44

Assalamualaikum dearest readers, I'm so sorry for keeping you all waiting, I hope this chapter makes up for the long wait,Enjoy!

******

"Escaped? What do you mean she escaped?" Fazil Beig asked, his voice low, dangerously low, as he looked at the squirming guard.

"Your majesty, she.....she..... she well carved her way out of the room with this", he said, dropping what looked like a deformed spoon in front of the ruthless leader.

"So she escaped using a spoon?" He asked again, although this time, no one dared to answer.

"Who is the slave that takes the food to her room?" He asked.

The maid who was crying profusely, stepped forward and knelt before Fazil Beig,waiting for him to decide her fate.

Fazil looked at the maid kneeling before him appreciatively.
She is a beautiful one he thought, she can keep me entertained until I tire of her. He stood up and went to where she was kneeling and gentle rose her up, so that she was now face to face with him, well almost, considering his very tall frame.

"Tell me maiden, what is your name?"
"Rania, my lord" she said, shaking visibly, the tears falling from her dove like eyes.

"A beautiful young woman like you should not waste her tears,now,now, no more tears," he said, as he wiped her tears, allowing his thumb to caress her cheek, his voice thick with lust. Rania felt like throwing up in his face but it was something she didn't dare to do for fear of losing her head and so she bore his touch with pain and disgust in her heart.

"How about you become my queen, the newest member of my harem and therefore my most favourite?" He whispered in her ear seductively.

Rania shuddered in fear and disgust, she knew that he was merely informing her of what he intended to do with her and was only doing it nicely, to make her think she had a choice where in reality, she had none.
With her head bowed in defeat, she nodded, accepting his offer and he smiled.

"Very well, guard, take Rania to Noorah's chamber, have her rebuild the wall Noorah escaped through with that spoon lying there. No one will give her food or water besides one meal which she will get during the day, until she completes the task. Afterwards, she may be taken to my harem to join the others."

Rania watched in horror as Fazil Beig smiled at her one more time, before turning around to leave, his rather expensive cape, made of pure Hindustan silk in his wake, as Rania's pleas for mercy fell on deaf ears.

*******

Marliyyah paced back and forth in front of the door to their chambers. She had agreed to it, had she not? Did she not profess her love in an oh so poetic manner and had even boldly kissed him? Masha Allah the kiss was....... It was magical...... she thought, blushing all the way to her hairline.

But still! A sponge bath! How can I give him a sponge bath? He is Nawfal Al Fateh and he is an incredibly handsome man with an even more incredible form. How am I supposed to bathe him and also concentrate without looking like the apple he ate earlier?

"Marliyyah? Hayatee are you there? I am ready now" came Nawfal's voice from inside. She huffed and after giving her self a little pep talk, opened the door swiftly and closed it back. When she turned, she froze in her tracks.