Chapter 54

It is one rollercoaster chapter! Enjoy😉

*************

"Mama! I cannot find my other sandal! Ammati! Cook said they will need more dates for the Maqlouba!"

There was a lot of chaos in the palace as preparations for Marwa and Murad as well as Usamah and Intisaar's nikkah were in full swing.

The Isha prayers had just been concluded and Usamah sat to make dua. When he had finished,he leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. Only he wished he had not done that for a pair of eyes and a smile that haunted his dreams and left him pining, surfaced.

Intisaar.

She had come to own a place in his heart within a very short period. He had a smile on his face as he remembered her.

"And what could make my son smile in such a rather dreamy manner? "

Usamah sat up abruptly and opened his eyes to a questioning yet affectionate smile on his father's face. Ever since his return, Abu Usamah had never let his son out of his sight.

"Abbie, sit, there is a matter we must discuss", he sighed.

"Pray tell son, what bothers you? "

"Baba, I do not know what will happen after this but I know my heart will not be at rest until I take definite steps. Ya Aby, I am in love with the Sultan's cousin."

Abu Ussam looked at his son for any sign of jest. There was none.

"Are you sure son? Surely this is no infatuation?"
"La Ya Aby, this is not infatuation. I am in love with her and nothing will make me happier than to have her as my wife, to love,to protect, to cherish..."

"To think I will see the day when my son becomes like the poet Raheem" Abu Ussam chuckled.

"Come my son."

"Where are we going Aby?"

"To meet your prospective in law or executioner."
*********
"Assalamualaikum Ya sultan, the imam and his son are here to see you" , said a guard to Nawfal, who was in the garden, with Marliyyah, whose head lay on his chest.

"Waalaikumusalam, inform them that I will be with them shortly."

The guard bowed and left to inform the father and son of the King's message.

"At this time? What could be the problem habibi?"

"I am surprised it took them this long", Nawfal said,intertwining their fingers,a hint of mischief in his voice.

"What is going on in your mind Ya Sultan?"

"Let us find out eh? Come".

He helped her to her feet gently, for she was now very round and beautiful with their children growing in her.

She was just about to start walking when he stopped her . Turning her gently to face him, he took both of her hands in his and placed kisses in her palms. Looking at her, eyes twinkling with love and adoration, he said,
" I love you".

Face aglow with the aura that was known only to a woman with child, she smiled at the man who had come to mean everything to her.

"I love you."

They smiled at each other before they turned around to meet with Abu Ussam and his son.

"Ya sheikh, Ussam, Assalamualaikum, to what do we owe the pleasure of this visit?" Nawfal asked, with Marliyyah in tow.