chapter 21

Pardon any mistakes Please!

They were out riding in the forest like they usually did. The weather was very beautiful and fit for riding. They had left the guards at a considerable distance to give themselves some privacy.

"Noorah! You want to start another competition in the forest again?" Asked sultan imran, to which his wife threw her head back and laughed happily.

"Of course my love, why else would we come out to ride if not to race? The first to reach that tree wins!" . Giving him no time to react, she kicked her horse's sides, urging it to run faster and off she went. Soon however, he had caught up with her and swiftly caught the reigns of her horse,causing it to halt abruptly. He brought his own horse to a stop and after making sure her horse was still and stable, he climbed off his horse and went to her before picking her up and placing her on his horse. He climbed back and put his arms around her waist as she took the reins of his horse and they began to ride slowly, occasionally laughing at memories and stealing kisses. They made sure not to ride too far in order to keep an eye on her horse.

"Our daughter is as beautiful as you are habibti and she has your attitude too! At such a young age, she already wants a horse and a small sword to wield! Without a doubt,that spark is from you!" He said and they both laughed.

"She has your beautiful eyes, your kindness and good nature though my love,for which I am grateful. I could not have asked for anything better, Alhamdullilah. She also has that mischievous smile of yours when you are up to no good, her eyes will always light up as she is about to pull a prank on someone!"

He smiled and took her hands in his, squeezing them gently and she lay her head on his chest, just listening to his heart beat and feeling nothing but contentment for having him in her life. They continued to ride in companionable silence, with her head on his chest and her arms hugging him around his back.

"Imran?"

"Yes my love?"

"I love you with all of my heart. You are aware of that right?"

"Yes my dearest Noorah, and I love you too with my everything."

They continued to ride until he heard the rustle of leaves. He thought it was just the wind until he heard them again. His warrior instincts told him they were not alone. Sensing her husband go stiff with alert,Noorah, trying not to let their new 'company' know they were aware of his presence,still remained in her position and whispered to her husband

"We are not alone right habibi?"

"I am afraid so Noorah. Fret not, I am here with you and I will not allow as much as a scratch on you. Just remain calm and do not alarm our new 'guest'.

As they waited for the source of the rustling to make an appearance, they heard a voice behind them.

"Well well well,if it is not the new parents! I did not expect to see you love birds out here all alone without your guards."