6. Knight

"Jimin-ah," Park Seojoon called out, his voice laced with impatience

"Jimin-ah," Park Seojoon called out, his voice laced with impatience. "Is Taehyung coming? We can't keep waiting like this."

Hours had passed. Park Jimin and his brother, Park Seojoon stood at the Seoul metro station entrance, hope slowly draining from their faces. They had been waiting for their friend, Taehyung, but he was nowhere to be found.

Jimin's anxiety grew stronger with each passing minute. "He doesn't have a phone.. What if he's lost, Seojoon-Hyung?" he asked, his fear consuming him.

"Namjoon-hyung and Jin-hyung probably didn't allow him." Seojoon replied in a dismissive tone which earned his arm a slap.

"Hyung!! They are nice people okay!"

"No i mean that's why I think they probably worry too much they didn't allow Taehyung to join. It's their way of protecting him. It's been hours, Jimin-ah."

"I thought you like him." Jimin crossed his arm and raised his eyebrow.

"What? I—" Seojoon stammered, taken aback by his brother's words. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Jimin merely raised an eyebrow higher, a knowing look on his face.

"Taehyung is your best friend!" Seojoon continued, his words tumbling clumsily out of his mouth. "I mean, I'd never try to come between you and him."

A blush crept up Seojoon's cheeks as he attempted to hide his true feelings for Taehyung. The mere thought of confessing to his brother's best friend sent shivers down his spine. He didn't want to ruin their friendship, any more than he wanted to disappoint his little brother.

"I'm just kidding, why are you so worked up" Jimin said with a mischievous grin, still teasing his brother.

Seojoon shot him a half-hearted glare and fumbled for the right words to say. "Shut up! That's not the point."

"What's the point then?" Jimin smirked seeing his brother suddenly getting all nervous.

"The p-point is— " Seojoon stumbled over his words while trying to explain and defend himself amidst the teasing, stuttering awkwardly. "You know we cant keep our parents waiting like this"

Setting the teasing aside, Jimin suddenly grew serious, his eyes downcast as he drifted away into deep thought.

Jimin's eyes then darted between Seojoon and the entrance, trying to decipher what was happening. They had planned this trip for weeks, and now it was slipping through their fingers. He knew they had to make a decision soon, but he just couldn't let go of the possibility that Taehyung might still join them.

Anxiety filled the air as Seojoon asked, "Come on, Jimin-ah, you gave him the address to our hotel, right?"

Slowly, Jimin nodded, but worry still gnawed at his heart.