8. Scorching

When the hours slipped by, Jimin decided to head to the hotel

When the hours slipped by, Jimin decided to head to the hotel. Throughout the journey, he struggled with guilt, regret and fear; with each passing second, he feared the worst.

Questions circled in his mind: What if something terrible happened to Taehyung? How would he be able to face his family? Why did they decide to go separately to meet at the crowded streets of a city his innocent friend didn't know?

Why??

It's almost midnight, Seojoon heard the door of the hotel room open and saw Jimin finally entering. Seojoon hastily sat up straight, attempting to look as presentable as possible for his brother's friend. To his dismay, there was no sign of the beauty with his brother.

"Where's Taehyung?" Seojoon couldn't help but ask, seeing his brother in distress.

"Taehyung.. It can't be hyung. I think he's lost." Jimin was constantly pacing up and down the small hotel room, glancing nervously at the window.

"Jimin-ah.." Seojoon tried to soothe his brother but Jimin shook his head.

"No hyung, I was sure Namjoon-hyung and Jin-hyung allowed him to go. He couldn't be at home."

The thought that his friend had been lost, hurt or kidnapped plagued him through the night.

"Hey, look at me," Seojoon stood up as he called his brother out, wanting to ease his brother's overthinking. "If it makes you feel better, we'll check again tomorrow, alright?"

Jimin let out a sigh.

"Relax," Seojoon reassured and gave his brother's shoulder a gentle squeeze. "Wash up and rest. It's been a long day."

Jimin, eyes downcast, nodded and made his way to the bathroom. After freshening up, he hopped into bed and glanced at the clock - it had just struck midnight.

"Happy Birthday, Taehyung-ah.."

————

Sitting in the living room, Jungkook's eyes fixed on a spot in the distance. It's already past midnight and it was a working day the next day. But he was lost in thought, trying to make sense of everything that had just happened.

Jungkook had gone into Taehyung's room with the intention to have a simple conversation about his eating schedule.

Thinking of how the innocent man stepped backwards as he approached closer, he saw the fear in his eyes but he chose to go forward.

For Jungkook, it was just a mere touch. As he reached out to touch the man's jaw, it was as if he was under a spell, drawn in by how that man so innocently clutched onto his towel as if it's going to be ripped bare.

The thought of the tear rolling down the man's cheek, the way he whimpered in fear at even the slightest touch..

Was I being inappropriate?