13. Sacred

In the quiet solitude of the morning, the streets echoed with the soft steps of a shy angel, his eyes lowered, gazing down at his hand and his master's, delicately intertwined, his heart fluttering like a caged bird

In the quiet solitude of the morning, the streets echoed with the soft steps of a shy angel, his eyes lowered, gazing down at his hand and his master's, delicately intertwined, his heart fluttering like a caged bird. He trailed nervously behind his master, who was to be his husband, a figure as cold and distant as the stone walls of the cathedral they were approaching.

As the pair reached the towering doors, Jungkook stopped abruptly, turning to face Taehyung with an inscrutable expression.

Finally, breaking the silence with a voice that seemed to echo in the empty square, Jungkook reminded, "Call me by my name here." His voice low and slightly unsteady. He did not want to be called 'Master' in front of the priest, or anyone, for that matter.

Taehyung's eyes were still fixed on their intertwined hands as he nodded obediently.

"What is your name?" Jungkook asked. The question, so simple yet so profound, hung in the air.

"My name is..." Taehyung's voice faltered, a tremulous whisper barely escaping his lips.

Taehyung had never revealed his name to Jungkook before. The notion of sharing this intimate piece of his identity, a constant companion since his birth and now a symbol entwined with their impending future, felt momentous.

Struggling to meet the gaze of the man he was bound to, he searched desperately in his master's eyes for a glimmer of love, only to find an impassive void.

I am respecting your decision to not touch you until after marriage, but I want you to bear in mind that marriage is nothing to me.

His heart constricted with the painful realisation that this lifelong commitment meant nothing to his master. Yet, for him, it was everything.

Giving his name was like offering a key to unlock the gate to their shared destiny, a gesture so significant that it left Taehyung's skin tingling with a sensation akin to goosebumps.

"Taehyung.. Kim Taehyung," he repeated, more firmly this time, forcing a smile to grace his lips. It was a smile born of duty, masking the deep-seated gratitude and care he felt for his master, even in the face of unrequited affection.

As Jungkook heard the name, he was struck by the beauty of the name he had never known and a subtle change flickered across his features.

Somehow, the simple utterance of the angel's name stirred something deep within him, awakening a realisation that the man standing before him was genuine. The revelation of such a beautiful name, disclosed at the venerable threshold of the cathedral, sent a thrilling shiver through him.

Just as Jungkook's lips parted, as if to say something, the solemn figure of the priest approached, his presence a gentle yet firm reminder of the purpose that had brought them here. His arrival cut through the tense air, redirecting their attention to the sacred ritual that lay ahead.