9. Tapestry

A knight in shining armor, the protagonist in a love story Taehyung had always yearned for

Jeon Jungkook, the man he wished to be the one — the knight who would drench Taehyung in a torrent of affection, shield him with his gleaming sword.

Yet, oh, the cruel twist: that very sword, once Taehyung's beacon of hope, has mercilessly cleaved his heart with a disheartening truth.

The moment Jungkook was far out of sight from the peephole of the door, Taehyung slumped against the wall, his body sagging under the weight of his emotional turmoil. The memories of his master's heartless words reverberated in his mind like a never-ending echo, sending a shiver down his spine.

Taehyung cradled himself to keep his emotions from overwhelming him completely. But the harder he tried, the more uncontrollable his tears became. He cried and cried, unable to come to terms with the cruel reality that he was trapped in.

Even the people I slept with moved on.

Marriage is nothing to me.

In a desperate attempt to block out the voices echoing in his head, he closed his ears and shook his head, "No.. No...." hoping to dispel the thoughts that kept replaying over and over again.

Good morning, angel.

The sweet voice Taehyung wanted to hear again, could not even help his broken heart this time. That voice must have been heard by other people too.

He's nothing special.

Taehyung hugged himself, and what popped out next was of how his master ran through his hand all over his body.

"Why—" Taehyung cried. "How could you"

His master had touched someone else too.

The thought of how he was almost hopeful that his master was his knight in shining armor — embarrassing. How naive could he be?

Taehyung forced himself to think of other things to ease his broken heart. But all his efforts were in vain, as the images of the unknown masked men touching his body and drugging him suddenly came to mind.

"Stop.." Taehyung cried and kept shaking his head, "Go away"

He couldn't control what pop out in his head and he hated it. These past few days have been a torture for him, as if he's trapped in a waking nightmare. The frustrating onslaught of events one after another have left him feeling completely vulnerable and exploited. It's hard to feel useful or have worth when all he's been reduced to was a mere toy for others to use.

The reality was too painful, too heavy to bear, yet he felt utterly powerless to break free.

Each passing moment seemed to suffocate him with feelings of inadequacy and self-doubt, leaving his soul restless and pained.