Pride

Disclaimer: I don't own Attack on Titan.

Previously: Maria told Future-Eren about Candy's condition, and the Present-Eren heard all of it.

A/N: Please point out the grammar and spell mistakes. Thank you, @ChiryMax, for writing the transcript.

|~|

In an open filed, the corpse of a Scout was lying. Another Scout approached on his horse.

The Scout got off his mount and ran towards the corpse. "Hey! You okay, Oliver?! Hang in th...!" Without being able to avoid it, he was knocked down by a gunshot. Among the nearby trees was Hange, aiming her rifle. She fired once more, ensuring death. She closed her eye painfully, letting the tears she was holding back fall.

"It seems that we're going to see what happened after you escaped from them." Petra told Hange and Levi.

"About damn time." Levi responded.

Hange had a frown on her face as she watched herself killing her ex-comrades.

Moments later, she was removing weeds looking for something. "That's the last of the pursuers, Levi." She revealed Levi, who was covered by a green cloak.

Some time later, Hange treated Levi medically, near a tent and a campfire. She stitched the wound on Levi's face. The wound went through his right eye and mouth, he also had another on his right cheek. "Everyone got turned into Titans, and only you survived. Probably for the same reason you're not dead yet: because you're an Ackerman." She theorized, completely closing the wound.

Now Hange was sitting next to her sleeping comrade, doing nothing. She turned to see Levi, now bandaged. "But what to do now?" Hange wondered. "We can't stop Zeke anymore, so it's up to Armin or Commander Pixis."

Some of them winced when they remembered that Pixis was dead.

Erwin glanced at Armin and then at Hange and Levi. He believed in them that they got this, they have to.

"Even supposing that Eren does betray Zeke, if the Yeagerists control the island with spinal fluid, we'll be fugitives for the rest of our lives. Looks like my turn has come... Even if I thought I did the right thing." She remembered when Sannes looked at her, while he cried, behind the bars. "Times change, and you end up in a cell."

"What do you say we live out here forever? Huh, Levi?" She joked, but moments later they were transported to the Paths. She stood there for a few seconds that seemed silent, but eventually, she turned to reality. "That was...! No way...! Eren's gonna...?!" She felt something behind her. "Levi!" The named man tried to sit up.

"The Beast... Where'd that shithead go?" Was the first thing he asked.

"Right to the important part first." Petra commented with a small smile, trying to ignore Levi's bare chest.

Levi nodded beside her. "He's going to pay for that."

"You should rest. You're badly hurt." Hange told him, concern could be heard in her voice.

"Not when that ugly ape is still alive." he simply answered. "I can rest afterwards."

"Lie back down." Hange grabbed him by the shoulders, pushing him to lie down. "It's been half a day since Zeke and the Yeagerists left for Shiganshina. What happened?" She asked him.

"I botched it. He was fully prepared to die... and I didn't see it." He responded by looking at his right hand, which was missing its index and middle fingers. "He got away again."