Confrontations

Calvin

"What day have you planned your apology to Emily for?" Sarah practically demanded the moment I opened my door, leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed. "You know, I don't like the condition your little date left her in."

I sighed, rubbing my face

I just wanted to go buy Fun-Yuns and barbecue chips for an old friend's visit, but I guess I'd caught an angry Sarah on the way. This was not my first run-in with my ex's twin sister since the break-up, and I was starting to grow tired of her attempts to be threatening with me. I didn't even do anything.

I guessed that she heard about what I told her sister about not wanting to be in a relationship anymore.

"Sarah, I'm sorry this arrangement is tough on her, but I'm not obligated to be her boyfriend or apologize for feeling betrayed," I reminded her exactly what everyone else in my life had spent the past week reminding me, "She hurt me."

"Don't be a jerk. Emily apologized! You know what-?!" I heard her starting up a guilt-trip.

 Emily apologized! You know what-?!" I heard her starting up a guilt-trip

I wasn't responsible for making my ex-girlfriend happy anymore. I didn't have to pick up her pieces, as much as it hurt my heart to think about. I couldn't even use her name, my heart loved it too much.

She is an ex-girlfriend.

I had to be stoic about this or I'd crumble and run back to her, and get my heart busted by the next time an ex-boyfriend or attractive guy came rolling into town.

"Sarah, l know this break-up put you in the middle since we're friends, but you can mind your business," I reminded the angry blonde in the room, "No one expects you to pick sides."

I was getting irritated with her attempts to fix this. Of course we were friends but that did not give her any permission to try and do anything relating to the relationship I had with her sister. Our friendship wasn't an unspoken card for her to pull at the best convenience for my ex-girlfriend, I wasn't getting manipulated into getting my self-respect thrown out again.

"Waterman, you've got some NERVE," Sarah growled (yes, growled), "I will always pick Emily. While you're broken up, so is our friendship."

"FINE by me, Karen," I responded, pulling the lab jacket I grabbed by accident instead of my white hoodie from my shoulder to the bed.

"She dodged a BULLET breaking up," Sarah exploded, practically raising her voice to where I'm sure the entire floor as well as the ones above and below knew of our business.

Maybe using her middle name was a bit far, I knew she hated it

Emily told me she used to hate her middle name until I started using it as a nickname—

No, my ex-girlfriend was irrelevant. I didn't care. And so I didn't care if her sister was mad at me.

I watched her walk away.

"She deserves better than you! I will make sure her next guy is loads more considerate and less of an emotional nut than you!!" Sarah threatened, "She's never going back to you!!"

I knew she was talking out of her anger, and wasn't being serious. I just threw the explosive of using her middle name, which was pretty low and now she was being like what she described her mom to be like, saying the worst possible things she could think of when she was mad. Apparently my ex was notorious for that too.

I grabbed the right hoodie and left to get the chips I planned to get earlier.